Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prematch Brookdale Peds - hmedicine
I am 100 % sure Program is also going to close and they fired 6 residents from 1st and 2 nd year . Program director will be fired probably because she don't even know how to train the residents. She is egoistic .Anyway she is carribean student !!!!!
@pedr How do you know that they fired residents? Do you know anyone in the program? Now, I am seriously considering not to go there for interview. Please let me know. It will help me make my decision. Thanks!
I ived there few weeks back...It is true...A resident himself told us...

If u have to travel from far or another country, think twice before spending a lot on the tickets....
sadly that program defines malignancy.
If interested in research positions, contact me at marriet2012. Provide some brief info about yourself, your visa status, your USMLE scores, what (sub)specialty, which state, when you want to start and for how long. In the subject, please mention what you’re looking for. For example: “Endocrine research in Chicago.” Thanks.

P.S.
Users "marriot" (with an O not E), marriet2012, matissiti, aditi_patel, abba300, and marriet_is_a_scammer, you all are the same person, and you keep making new IDs. Your posts are funny, but you're deceiving users, making them think you're me. Please stop it. Thank you.

P.P.S.
@abba300, marriet2012, marriet_is_a_scammer, or whatever your next ID is going to be:
I don't care about you or what you post. I don't mind them, so please keep it up Smile Thanks for entertaining us Smile
is it the same with peds and im programs in brookdale
Hello everyone, I am a Pediatric resident at Brookdale. Once in a blue moon, I visit this site to check in my old memories of application. It is shocking as well as sad to find the rumors about Brookdale Peds program. Brookdale has cut down its residents from 11 to 6 per year. This happened because of administrative change and pressure put in by the governing board to restructure all the residency programs here. In that accord, the administration only allowed 6 residents and left to the chairman and PD to decide how they want to cut down the numbers. The administration is employing in-house faculties and ancillary staff to compensate for the residents number. Few of the residents moved out because of family reasons and rest were picked up in a lottery. Total of six (1st and 2nd year combined were picked) were randomly picked in a draw in order to ensure fairness. With the effort of PD and the coordinator 4 out of 6 residents till date have secured their spot and rest of the two residents left out have interviews pending from very good programs (Remember, 4 residents have been placed in a span of 15 days). The program is absolutely backing the residents to secure a position. Brookdale is definitely on of the best teaching community programs in New York with moderate work load for 1st and 2nd years and the 3 rd years have a schedule to give them ample amount of time to read for their boards. Brookdale has gone up and down due to the population it serves but it is a Level 1 trauma centre in Brooklyn with nearly 35000 visits per year in the Pediatric ER and the hospital cannot be shut down due to various political and socio-economic factors. I am surprised to see the information about our PD as none of the residents here in our program will say anything bad about her as she is always supportive and encouraging. I can knock her door and talk to her about anything anytime. We have the best fellowship placements among NYC community hospitals. Finally, all I want to say 'Little knowledge is always dangerous'. Good luck for your interviews.
hi docplodder thank you for this information . do you know if brookdale have given prematches yet? or when the brookdale offer prematches? i went there in octuber and I don' t heard any thing about this program so far , my last question is How many pGY 1 for 2012? thanks for your help and answer.
hi docplodder thank you for this information . do you know if brookdale have given prematches yet? or when the brookdale offer prematches? i went there in octuber and I don' t heard any thing about this program so far , my last question is How many pGY 1 for 2012? thanks for your help and answer.
@superchica hi..i ived at brookdale peds in dec after they started calling candidates again….the pd told one of the fellow interviewees that day that they will be sending prematches out by mid of january.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »