Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not matched - naina3
I found your post very touching. You most surely have the creditentials to get into a good residency program. Its been a tough 4 years for you and I can undrstand your decision to give up. I do however have some advice which I would like to share with you. I would prefer to share it in private rather than on a public forum. If you are interested, email me at gradoc39. This is not an advertisement and I do not charge for the advice I have for you. I wish you the best in your career persuit
email me at : iluvyoumydear
Check your email
Very sorry to hear this.....

I will tell you one thing. Sometimes its just luck. Right place, right time & prog director likes you, your done.

I would tell you to apply 1 last time. Apply 200+ programs in Psych IM and FM, Neurology.

I have many personal friends that would kill for your scores & they matched. VISA is an obstacle but if have those scores there is a prog out there that will take a shot on you. Keep doing your research and get some publications if possible. If you had bad scores and fails i would say stop after 4 attempts. But with those score your getting ivs, so you have chances now its just matter of time before one comes to fruition.
@naina3 I was skimming through forum , as I did not match , you might remember iam with MRCP and working in uk, got one iv only. I did not know about your full story and credentials. with that credentials I got gut feeling that you will match next time, I think its worth trying. Im a very optimistic guy my scores not good as yours but with MRCP i want to keep my hopes alive. I dont want to disturb you with my requests that I need some contacts for advice those hospitals where you know few who got into residency where they consider MRCP, not now but in your free time can you drop me an email that will be a huge help: mach9669 , and all the best thank you
Residencyy thanks for nice words. I am done with the match. My husband works in a Hosp which has both IM and FM. I did not match into either. I started to think with 239 and 250, good research, husband as attending didn't work out. Maybe this is not my destination at all. I have been applying for 4 yrs. Most importantly I don't have the strength to go through another pain. I will definitely drop you an email.
@naina3
There are many IMGs with more than 10 years of graduation on this forum who have matched.

Your scores are good & you will build contacts through your husband - do not loose hope - the positive hope being that Obama will have to come up with ways to open more spots in FM & it will happen soon. I know how bad you would be feeling right now but try & have positive thoughts. God Bless.
I say keep trying. But don't expect anything. Go all out. Then quit.
the problem is most likely with your interviewing skills. I had 3 interviews no contacts, and would have matched 2 different places...got my first choice but would have also gotten second choice (had inside information) so if you are getting that many interviews and not matching you need someone to critique your interview skills...just because you can communicate is not going to make you shine. You have to make them find you interesting, different then other applicants.
So sponge bob ,,,,, don't have contacts but could know the most confidential thing in the world ... The ROL.
People stop the non sense
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »