Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Depressed...plz help.. - doctor_79
Why not do research get couple paper under your belt and then try. It also gets you into the hospital networks and make connections. You have not too bad scores. infact step 2 is grreat

keep your head up.

all the best to you
I have a GC, so there are quite a few decent jobs in the State/County Health department and they like people with MPH but the pay is very low. I had also applied for research jobs in hospitals and Universities. If you need a visa then forget about MPH jobs, very very hard to get.

Hi Doctor_79

I am in a much worst situation (except grad in 2009). If your final aim is go into clincal/residency. MPH will not help. I spoke to PD's to see if this would help, but none of them are looking for it.

I have 7 publications and >15 abstarcts/posters. Even then I am having tough time getting an interveiw. This is my 4th match season and I did not match, but I am talking to PD and other friends to see what I can do. Let me know if you have any ideas to improve this situation.

ya , research is also a goo option , i have gc , i tried very hard last year to get a research job , but didn't get it then i tried volunteer that too was really hard to get. plz anyone suggest how to get research job?
This sucks because unfortunately I didn't have a plan B. 8 interviews and nothing... Certainly my credentials were not the most impressive but they were good enough for me to get the interviews. So now I wonder, where did I go wrong? How do I improve? An option is to stop practising in my home country and enter the US to get clinical experience. I wonder though if it is worth it... Another year of sacrifice for possibly another unfavourable outcome. This was a very taxing season, every fibre of my being hoped for a happy ending. The reality is currently unbearable... 229/233/cs 1st attempt/ no USCE
How about a Course in Clinical Ressarch?
Is that gonna impress PDs?
It is part time , and can be completed in around 12 - 18 months, and may land you under a good researcher who is also a faculty. U research as long as it takes and this experience helps you while applying for fellowships as well.
Please advise...
if i join PA Program , will it make a negative impression in my cv?
Really check your interview skills 4th match having interviewes and no match? Do you have an extremely heavy heavy accent hard to understand? Or what do you guys say to the interviewers that scare them away.?
Residency is not the world. Although we invest lot in it, but he have the skills to heal the soul. Do what you think is going to benefit the society, not yourself. This will make you happy in long term. Residency in itself is not worth it. Millions of sick people need you, go and care for them worldwide. Get out of residency box.
@mrquestions ...my interviews went well , even in some interviews they said very good , they really liked me...
In my 1st match i had 2 ivs with very few seats but at that time i needed visa and i wasn't ecfmg certified at the time of interview , and then my 2nd match, again i had 2 iv's but that time most of the seats went to prematch and last year i didn't get any iv's and this year i got 4 iv's because of contacts and GC .still unmatched .....i don't think my interview skills are that bad but still i'll definitely improve that.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »