Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GI Question - sazaz8181
case of a 32 y/o woman admitted for hepatomegaly, weight loss, and moderate diarrhea. Liver function tests showed anicteric cholestasis with slight increase in serum level of transaminases. Liver biopsy demonstrated massive steatosis. Biological and radiological investigations of the small intestine showed a malabsorption pattern. Stool fat excretion was 54 g per day. Duodenal biopsies disclosed total villous atrophy. A ten-day treatment with metronidazole (1,5 g per day), followed by a gluten-free diet, resulted in rapid improvement of hepatic and intestinal symptoms. This case report shows that: 1) adult celiac disease may be the cause of severe steatosis; 2) anicteric cholestasis with or without hepatomegaly during the course of adult celiac disease may be secondary to steatosis, as well as primary biliary cirrhosis or malignant infiltration of the liver; 3) bacterial overgrowth should be searched and eventually treated in the case of massive fatty liver occurring in adult celiac disease.
says page not found
so that Celiac disease, thank you cardio i am never know
read the case i post
Massive hepatic steatosis disclosing adult celiac disease
@captan, all pat with Celiac disease express HLA-?
I think yes
Can you give HLA-? subtypes associated with it ? ( give me 2)
DQ2 and DQ8
Nice tango captan RMS titanicSmile

@sazaz thanks 4 q.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »