Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passed CS in third attempt. MATCHED!!! - usmlepath
Can you please let us know where you had your externship?
So happy for you!

Will the programs send out interviews to the candidates they interviewed on previous seasons?
Congratulations
Hello congratulations man... I have one question and hope you take it in a good way, as for research how did you find your spot? I mean I've been searching for positions around the web and didn't find anything but paid things or students only positions and I've already graduated from Medical School.

Can you share your experience with that? I mean any webpage or just google to find places? did you got it through contacts? did you just go to a place and ask a position (joking)...

It would be great if you could give an approach for that matter as many people mentions research but for me at least I has been difficult to find a place.

Best regards
drhh: Didn't do any internships. Only observerships and few months of research

successfulmatch2016: They MIGHT. I have seen people getting repeat interviews from places they interviewed previous year. You can prepare a separate PS specific to the program you want to re-interview at stating why you would want to interview there again, and what changes you made in your application in one year

n1ckname: I was in my Masters program when I did research. Its easier when you are a student. Ofcrse, not to say that you can't get it other way. Most well-know method is to send out mass emails to faculty of your interested speciality. Another way is to go through contacts and start voluntary work and then ask for a pay (If they think you are worth it).
https://projectreporter.nih.gov/reporter.cfm
Try this website to see who is having an NIH grant and can pay you for research assistant job.
You can also go and visit any faculty and ask to help you out, but please be sincere and carry your best CV, since its a make or break situation, if you fail to impress, you might hurt your chances

Thank you everone for your best wishes.
Great man! thanks for that information now I have a clue will see If I can get something. Wish you the best in your career!
congrats usmlepath

do you think having step 3 completed helped? just curious did you have it on application during your 2nd match? this years match?

thanks
lolojones1: Yes! Having Step3 score ready in your application definitely helps. I had Step3 score ready before September 15th 2014 (For second and this year's match)
Please quote your visa status and yog
thanks
H4 visa status. Got an EAD but I am sure it didn't matter during the interview. YOG: 2011
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »