Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exam in May, motivation thread - aniam
I only took offline nbme aniam. but I'm planing to do online nbme probably next week upon completing this round of FA
My first NBME was 1 month ago form17 got 194

I read kaplan books 1x, uw only answers and FA 3x. After this,
After 1 month NBME 18 222

First week of may, going through FA and UW

from Northern VA
@aniam

How many times have you gone over FA? and how much of uworld have you done? Im just trying to see if im being to slow
Hey guys.
Todays plan is 30 pgs FA, hemato-onco from Pathoma and 1 hour pharm.

@ewing1122whatsurt, its my 3rd time of FA, second time reading was with uworld, so partially done with 1 reading of uworld (but not all subjects).

my plan is
1. Read 3rd time FA, at least 30 pages per day
2. pathoma (for 15 days)
3. 1 hour pharm daily
4. uworld( answers)
5. NBME (second week of April)

I dont know is it realistic or not, today is the first day of the plan Smile lets see.

@ewing1122whatsurt, how much have u done ? please share with us ur plan and daily schedule.

@aniam

my plan is surprisingly similar to yours ->
- Read FA as many times as I can (ive read it about 1.5 times- read some chapters twice some of them once)
- Pathoma 2x or if I have time 3x times , ive read/listened to it once (not counting the time I do/did it for classes)
- took 1 nbme( 2 months ago, ~190 usmle ) 1 CBSE ( 80% ~ 220ish on USMLE)
- Im done with Uworld 1x( all random/timed averg in 60's -> PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK ABOUT THIS)
- planning to do all the nbme's, basically will do 1 nbme every sunday and plan my week accordingly.
- also planed to do pharm everyday, havent done it once, so not sure, but pharm and biochem are my weakest subjects. ( any suggestions on a good pharm flash cards or anything that may help wth pharm? I bought sketchypharm and its not all that great)
- if I find time, ill do kaplan.

whats your day-to-day schedule like? u said ur planning to ready 30 pages of FA/day, how long does that take u?
@ sam2016, sounds great. Can u share with us your daily schedule? How is micro. going ?

@albertina2013, how is studying going?

@banchi, congrats. thats a great improvement of score.
I MEANT TO SAY KAPLAN QBANK (last bullet point)

@aniam

my plan is surprisingly similar to yours ->
- Read FA as many times as I can (ive read it about 1.5 times- read some chapters twice some of them once)
- Pathoma 2x or if I have time 3x times , ive read/listened to it once (not counting the time I do/did it for classes)
- took 1 nbme( 2 months ago, ~190 usmle ) 1 CBSE ( 80% ~ 220ish on USMLE)
- Im done with Uworld 1x( all random/timed averg in 60's -> PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK ABOUT THIS)
- planning to do all the nbme's, basically will do 1 nbme every sunday and plan my week accordingly.
- also planed to do pharm everyday, havent done it once, so not sure, but pharm and biochem are my weakest subjects. ( any suggestions on a good pharm flash cards or anything that may help wth pharm? I bought sketchypharm and its not all that great)
- if I find time, ill do kaplan.

whats your day-to-day schedule like? u said ur planning to ready 30 pages of FA/day, how long does that take u?

I'm doing uworld second time and planing to take the test by the end of May
My average score on uworld is not more than 60% and I'm so nervous and disappointed !!!
Need motivation
I have one quick question. What will be your total preparation time if you take the exam in may? and in what stage of preparation you decided to do the registration and take a eligibility period. Thanks in advance.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »