Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
feb exam takers join here - drsword
This is my third time and I usually have only 4-5 incorrect.So shall I see those and go to the next block?
@dr.RAw. I was there, exactly as you are. But looking back all I did lost so much tie. I tried to convince myself that by bluntly reading FA and UW my score will go up. BULLSHIT. Maybe it works for someone, but I lost 4 months just fixing everything through FA. Guess what........ I ended up loosing time and still went back to Kaplan(just on your weakest areas). But pay attention to physiology, pathology and pharma. Micro is enough in FA, plus UW. I ended up, canceling my eligibility period and loosing 800$. NBME shows to you that you need to work on concepts first, and then go back to FA. I am sorry RAw, but you can't cheat on this test( I mean, if you'll loose attempt, to get a residency will raise ten-fold). It's like in the formula: the chance to get an interview is proportional to the attempts you have.
@samideb, that's what I do. I go through my incorrect once and read detailed explanation. In 5 days, I have one block of incorrects and do them again, to see if I remember the concepts. Then I read FA and in the morning next day I do UW questions from those subjects. To see if I remember everything.
Sorry lovetest.Are you going to the next block without reviewing the questions you got right.In that case I will be fast and cover many blocks within a very few days.But I fear that I will miss a lot of points that are contained in the correct answer review.samideb
lovetest...that is exactly what my dillemma was...thankyou so so much..this is exactly what i told myself was too.. that its more of FA and UW..and its not working for me..i have already done kaplan twice but things are not falling into perspective!!

i dont have any real life person to guide me on this and on the forum everyone says fa and uw..i did that..even read kaplan twice...but sometihng goes missing when i do nbme!! yes i am weak in physio and behavioural ...i think my weak areas are the part that i run away from and dont wanna go thru it..so i'll go back to those topics...

my eligibility period ends in march..i have already extended it once,..u think i still have time to improve?? its good to know i am not the only one who got under this trap...and i also know now u have reached a point where u r gonna ace the test Smile all of my best wishes with u
Before skipping the tutorial, should you make sure your headphones work?

@samideb, when is your test? and how are you scoring on nbmes?
@samideb, I read some, where I had doubts or wasn't sure about the concept to apply, but ones I knew for sure, I just skipped. Plus, you don't have time to read all of them. You did UW at least twice, so you got a lot of points by now. It's the time to Crumble small things into your head, and not to learn anymore. You have learned it before, now to make sure you remember that crap(sorry for my French), you keep forgetting.
@ naseeha, you can check it and move quicker through other steps.
@ raw, you can fool yourself by saying FA and UW, but can you see.... you can't fool NBME. There is a point in your study where you have to admit that something is not working, and maybe it's time to read Kaplan, just focus on your weak areas. Honestly, dude, I read freaking biochemistry at least 5 times, before I could answer at least 50% of questions they have been asking. You still have plenty of time before end of March. Hard work always pays off.
Hi naseeha,

I am going to take my test on Feb 22nd ,2012 no matter what.My nbme scores are as follows:
NBME 7-470(214)
NBME 6-400(I don't rememeber the 3 digit score,probably around 200)-This score was a blow for me....thanks to God ,I got up again and started the fight
NBME 5-470(214)
NBME 11(offline):I scored exactly 160 out of 200(probably 224)
I will do NBME 12 after a week.My problem has been that my study was not steady enough as I am working.anyhow I will see how it goes....
Hiii all,

My exam is Feb 24th!! Days are going by so fast and I feel that im not ready Sad
@ samideb I took nbme 6 2 weeks and i got a 440 (207 3 digit) and it was a blow for me
too so after that i couldnt study coz i had reviewed first aid and goljan and i had done uworld
in november so i was so sad but then i again like u said got up and started the fight..
so im doing uworld again (revising)

my plan is to do keep doing uworld + FA and then take another nbme .. hopefully this time
i can do better.. im aiming for above a 235 .. i hope i can make it Sad
@sairakhan, you definitely could do it. We must work on our weak areas as much as we hate to. Don't keep studying what you are good at because then we won't see any improvements.
Hey guys I am just starting now :

My goal is to review my yesterday UW wrong questions

and to to do 2 blocks of UW in Beh and Pharma wy weak subjects in my last NBME

It is 8 pm in my country and I just came back to work but I will push it to the limit

support guys loll
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »