Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslims -
tb

hey barad do u know rema ,my wife was asking?
anyway you are finished with the steps?
dost - dosty

very well said 'mkhan'..mashallah u have a strong iman..
there are a lot of muslim women with headscarves doin residency..go check it out..IM @ UIC chicago, Wisconsin, fp in ohio, chicago..on and on..Americans are very fair and they are very tolerant especially in medicine..if you have talent then there should be no hinderance..and no end to success!!..
Inshallah!

gl to everyone!
barad

hey tb
ofcourse i know reeema?
do u remember sarita,she was in your batch....she is also here ..
ya am done with step one and two,awaiting cs results.
have gotten around 11 interviews,and almost as many rejections
how about u?
aa

I went to an interview and the cheif resident was an Arab lady wearing a scarf.These are not important matters.
tb

hey barad i am bengali by as u asked earlier...yes so how is sarita...i got 10 interviews so far and that many rejections...but it is ok ...which state are you in and sarita? i am in ny....i am javed
tb

hey barad so you are applying to which states mostly..me ny? so what's up with sarita...? is she done with the steps too? you have GC.
muslim doctor

I am a muslim wearing hijab, and I got 16 interivew and 3 premathc offers, so far! it all depend on your attitude, if you have good attitude, people will look at your personality and not your look. there are however some people who will judge you according to your look, I had 2 experince that the program didnot consider me just because of my hijab, becasue they were considering their patients and how they will look at me being a physician taking care of them while am wearing hijab. I totally understand but this does not put me inferior, these are my believes and as they are not going to change their belives ... I am not also.

Don't worry and go there and present yourself strongly and smile to people , Islam is all about ho you treat people. Don't care about what they think care about changing the idea about you, and ... Allah loves the strong Muslim and not the weak muslim.
we might get less chances but ofcourse you will get a residency position..
mm

hey JUST CURIOUS...the enswer to your q is that it all depends on individuals beliefs..it doesn't mean that a muslim women not wearing a scarf is not religious, and same way around..hope it answes your q...gl
barad

tb
ya sarita is in nyc,she is giving step one,is planning for 2006 match.
as for me i have about 11 interviews till date and as many rejections,score of 90/98 cs awaiting,and gc,and some usce.
and i am in upstate ny.
tb

96/96 ,ecfmg certified, no interviews today barad. i am in nyc. tell sarita to contact me.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »