Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Step 1 score 276/99 - pollux
pollux, Congrat man.......
Now tell me what is the most important thing we should follow you to be successful like you?

/
Any suggestive formula we can follow in our entire preparation time?
pollux
you are amazing........I got motivation and energy from you.........you are great.....
can you give ans to nbme form 1 to 6 ........
my exam is at the end of March.....
amazing!!!!!!!!! I will never be accomplishing score that high given me XX months.

could you pls forward me your NBME 1-6 answer keys? Really appreciated!!!!!!!
My email: daisypmforfun@live.com
I forget to give my mail
christinatan@cooltoad.com
looking forward your reply

apex: i think pollux has both software and hardware advantages. some people are just wired like that hahaha so just read his post, it gives a lot of good suggestions

Congratulations dude! You more than killed that test. Not trying to be all in your bizzness or nothing - but what on Earth happened with your medapps that you decided to go to an Australian medical school with a 38 on the MCAT? I initially thought you were from Australia and decided to move to the US - until I saw that you took the MCAT. With all due respect bro, of course, I was just wondering how you ended up in the "land down under."
THIS IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Smile
IT'S PEOPLE LIKE YOURSELF & SMOKE.. WHO INSPIRES US TO KEEP STUDYING - KEEP FOCUSING.. KEEP STAYING ON TRACK!!!!!
I'M REALLY BAD WITH CELL BIO& HISTO.. JUST DONT LIKE IT TOO MUCH... SHOULD I FOCUS ON ANY OTHER BOOK FOR THAT SUBJECT OTHER THAN THE ANATOMY BOOK FROM KAPLAN? IM PRETTY GOOD AT BIOCHEM, SO I THOUGHT I'LL STICK WITH KAPLAN.
FOR PHARM, ARE FIRST AID & KAPLAN ENOUGH?????
DO YOU HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS WHERE WE CAN EMAIL YOU WITH QUESTIONS/DOUBTS WHILE READING?? OR DO YOU COME ON HERE OFTEN?
GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING AND HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU!
THANK U AGAIN.
rei - You probably don't want me to be treating you. It's usually not a good sign, because I want to be a pathologist. LOL (Okay, seriously, as of now I'm quite interested in pathology, but this might change again in the future.)

medc - Sorry, I don't have the pdf file. I actually bought the book. Oh, actually I forgot to mention, I used the 1999 edition. I heard the new edition contains too much detail.

okt3 - I actually come to this forum on a regular basis to read about people's success stories, and I have read many of your interesting posts in the past, and for those I thank you. I just tend to refrain from spending too much time on the forum, because there are many more important things to do in real life, if you know what I mean. Smile I have been a regular SDN member for a long time, under the same name Pollux as well, but similarly I haven't made many posts.

asklepios - I didn't use RR pathology because I didn't like it as much as BRS. (I used his lecture notes instead.) I did look at the pathology pictures in the book though, because they were quite high-yield. I also completed the questions at the end of the book and thought they were really good.

golyan - I totally agree with you.

geoemerald - Thank you.

apex - What worked for me might not work for everyone, but I believe there are a important points that people might benefit from, most of them you have probably heard about, but I'll just confirm them with my own experience.
1. Only use FA and HY after you have a basic understanding of the material. In other words, use them as review books, not primary resources for learning new information.
2. Start doing UW questions early. Annotate in FA.
3. In the last few days before exam, make sure you go over NBME questions one more time, or at least the questions you answered incorrectly on. Many will show up on the real exam. Only focus on reviewing FA and doing questions during this time. Don't try to learn anything new; it's not going to work.
125dhcc, doc_vic, and other people asking for NBME answers:
I didn't keep a copy of my answers for NBME3,4,5,6, because I did them online. I understand the frustration of not having model answers for these forms because I had the same problem when I did them too. I will try to do them again soon, starting with form 5 and 6. But no guarantees on 265+ this time because it's been almost a month since I touched the material. Tongue

medc - Thanks, but I don't believe I'm hard-wired differently. Smile I spent a lot of effort preparing for this exam too. And thanks for liking my suggestions in the post.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »