Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DONE With it!!!!! - properdin
@Properdin Thanks for sharing your experience & studying strategies. They really help people like me who for a while just feel utterly lost. Good to know you got through this & i have a great feeling you will hear good news soon!
Any hints or clues on how you tackled things that didnt stay in your mind for long? For me, no matter how much i read Hem/Onc or even Cardio seems like certain concepts dont stick as much as others..
Any input? I know questions & FA are the most important, i will def stick with that
I agree with you about Dit workbook being great. tottaly
Thanks again for all your help & just giving us all the breakdown of how you prepared.
Great to know and very motivating!
All the best bro & I love that you like house music & your calm attitude, hope that part is contagious on the forum! ha ha!
take care
any advise on how to review and go through the last month say, just stick to FA and questions?
just got my score 233/84 Smile

Such a good feeling, would like to thank god and everyone here for support and information.

If you have any q's ill be happy to answer as I get more free time! Have faith and take care, never give up...celebrate life!
congrats!!! all the best for the next step
Conga!! for ur amazing result
Q my exam is in 20 days in what area can i focus?? thanks
GLUCK for ur next exam
Thank You

@dera 20days to go.
review weakness, notes from qbanks, and most importantly get at least 2 reads of FA!!! FA is most important, review, review, review! And lastly have faith and confidence in yourself and you got this!! good luck
Congrats buddy.

How did you guys like the tutors for this website below? Are they good?

http://www.club99percent.com/
Never heard of it and it looks shady
..knowledge is free, don't pay for it.
OFFLINE NBMEs and the online forms ... Are differents? More questions? advantage vs disadvantage? Which do you recommend? I am starting.. And I new on this.. I see the forms , the possibles answers tht the people post. But I really want to know what is better to prove myself throught the time I get more knowledge, advance in lectures and...more. Recommendations and explain about NBMEs

Guys, statistically, the pass rate is less than 60% in the first attempt among foreign trained Doctors, and worst off with subsequent attempts. I had very poor results in my earlier attempts in spite of intense preparation with claiming of ton of facts. I eventually had a good score when I understood the Principle of Concept in answering questions you do not even know the details. If you are a foreign trained, do not kid yourself on what you know.
There was no way I could have passed being a foreign trained Doctor and having left School for quite a while without access to these videos and notes.

For more information go to this link:
http://www.taringa.net/posts/ciencia-edu...5_99_.html

Nbme are used as assement of how prepared you to sit for the step 1 exam. These should generally be taken towards the ending of your preparation since they will prove the most reliable estimate of what you actually get on the exam.
Each assement taken "online" cost money via nbme website and they provide you a correlation graph of scores to the step one. On the other hand you can acquire the same and older nbme forms on the internet in PDF or word docs but with unreliable answers since they are revised by peers and not nbme thus the correlation may not give you a reliable estimate. If you have money do all online. If you do not then choose 2-3 online and do the rest offline for practice.nbme questions are most similar to the real thing.

Best way to improve on lectures is repetition of material masterd periodically, but focus on weakness first, since this will take the longest.
Use materials that work, Kaplan notes, First Aid is a must. Once if not more. More resources will never hurt, wil only increase the depth of knowledge!
And ultimately do at least two qbanks..Kaplan and uworld while taken notes on them...time frame from start (avg 4-6mo) depending on initial state of mind.....These are ingredients...good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »