Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kakarot the rat - rh60484
Err.. Lol... Let's just say its one of my top 3 places... I'm not too interested in a fellowship for now, so I just need a good program with good odds for a fellowship, if I change my mind.
I'm more interested in:
- maintaining my H1 status, so visa options are a higher criteria on my list..
- weather.. I live my cold weather, so I need a location with a good winter chill!
- cost of living.. for obvious reasons

But that's d only place we have in common though... I'm kinda coded like that.. *shrugs* lol
@rintintin

Fair enough. Nothing wrong or weird about being coded.

I do want fellowships, so its hard to see myself ranking RGH super high when they have none and their track record for fellowships aside from pulm/CC is not that great. Eh, We'll see.
Yeah.. I think its pulm and nephro that they really have.. But for now I really don't care about fellowships so.. #oldIMGissues.. Lol
*As in that they have a track record of fellowship placement..^^^
if your so great with your 1000 interviews, why didn't you apply last year. It doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm sure you would have had CS and CK done. Y take a year off.
rh60484 makes a good point here. None of the US-Caribs that graduated in Jan 2013 waited to apply for 2014. I graduated in May 2013, and I still applied last year (event though it didn't work out).
Also, I highly doubt that someone who has 24 IVs ranks RGH in the top 5.
Well, to each his own.
Furthermore, when applying to residencies and fellowships, especially the competitive ones that you mentioned, they too would wonder what you were doing sitting on your ass for nearly 1.5 years. From January 2013-July 2014. If you are like the majority of carib grads with loans, why would you not want to start ASAP. Unless you had some financial help, that may not be a problem. Nevertheless, doesn't make a lot of sense.
My situation doesn't need to make sense to you. I am not on loans. That is all you need to know and clearly they didnt wonder too much since I got 20+ IVs.
Like I said, makes a lot of sense.
Case Closed!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »