Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carribean grads/students - kidman
The World of Confirmed U.S. Residency Success!

See Top Search Result For:

IMG PASSED USMLE AND IM RESIDENCY

in www.google.com
drpepper.. your rotations will be in your med schools transcript.. if you put that into ERAS as well .. you will look foolish to the PD and it will decrease your chances of an interview

id advise against it
Thanks doctam3! I won't.
Good Evening,

My name is Ben Anderson. My wife is from Colombia. She graduated from Universidad de Libre in Cali, Colombia. During our first year as a couple she applied to OB/GYN and IM residencies. She earned two interviews, but she did not match. Her second year applying I decided to review all of her documents. I noticed that several grammatical inconsistencies existed. She spoke English nearly perfectly, but writing articulately was a challenge. We spent time re-writing her application. This time she earned eleven residencies. Every day we practiced her interview skills. I would ask endless questions. I would critique her responses. I applied my knowledge as a successful consultant to her interview strategy. I taught her how to balance displaying capability with displaying personality. She pre-matched that December.

After this experience I started IMG Angel, a service dedicated to assisting talented IMG's obtain residency. Since then I have assisted dozens of IMG's in obtaining residency positions. Please message or call me if you are interested in my services. I wish everyone reading this the best of luck in the upcoming match.

Ben Anderson
IMGAngel.com
info@imgangel.com
The World of Confirmed U.S. Residency Success!

See Top Search Result For:

IMG PASSED USMLE AND IM RESIDENCY

in www.google.com

@drpepper4u: put it under your SV, give a detailed explanation of when, where, exactly what your role was during those US rotations. No matter what anyone tells you, the PD will not think you are 'foolish' for putting it there. Personally called ERAS with this issue. I was told to include it under CV because not all medical schools actually mention where and when you did your rotations in your transcript or MSPE. Good luck. Starting my residency in T-minus 5 days.
Thank you fibonaci! Congrats on matching.

Did you put it under your CV?
I have been on a residency selection committee for the last two years. Here are my thoughts:

When Caribbean students list all their rotations under their work experience, it makes the print out version of their ERAS application very long and honestly, it takes away from your application.

For example:

Responsibilities on cardiology rotation: See XYZ types of patients, assist with ABC, bla bla bla.

Reason for leaving: Rotation ended.

Everyone does the same things on their cardiology rotation. Do you really think yours is any different? If it was, I'm sure your LOR will reflect that. If you just want programs to know you rotated in US hospitals, it should be in your MSPE.

When you add all your rotations, and the selection committee gets this long print out to look through, the first thing we think is: Is there meaningful work experience here or is this all fluff because this applicant has nothing else to add? If you do have meaningful work experience to mention, it gets lost in the sea of rotations you listed (this is bad!).

If you're applying to a place that never takes Caribbean grads, you're probably wasting your time. If the place you're applying to already has Caribbean grads, they know you did your rotations in the US.

TLDR: Do NOT list all your rotations.
^ agreed
@ drpepper4u: fibonaci is very right. There's nothing wrong with listing your rotations and giving a brief description of the tasks you accomplished during those rotations. It can't make you look foolish in any way. Rather, it'll give the PDs an idea of your experience/capabilities. The MSPE just lists the hospitals you did your rotations at and the preceptor's remark about you verbatim. So, I'll say, go ahead and mention all of them. It won't hurt. I plan to do the same as suggested by a trusted source.
Best wishes.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »