Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why UK is popular for Indians? - ukdoc50
what exactly is the system in uk. u pass plab....then what ?? how do u do mrcp/frcp if jobs are only for 6 months??

i know a few docs from my med school who went to uk in 99-2000.....one of them whom i met recently told me that he was in line to become a consultant....is it possible for foreign grads to become consultants ??

and why dont people who are already there ever give the correct picture about what is going on.....everyone i talked to said how happy they were there etc...etc....

dude, forget ...its not worth knowing.
dear Indian docs

I guess I am an ape from EU (Poland) I work as a SHO in the UK. I earn decent money. I dont need visa or work permit I did not have to take PLAB to come here. I speak good English and my European qualification are recognized everywhere from Spain to Germany. Basically I can work anywhere in Europe, and so thousands of my fellow Polish docs.

Guys I understand you are being upset about new EU countries gradually taking control over UK job market. But there is nothing to be upset about. Please try to understand - we are now new, improved generation of British slaves. We are only here because we are white and UK figured that is better to have white slaves than Indian slaves. I don't care how much they will pay me if I still feel that they treat me like trash because of my Polish orgin. For Brits every other country in the best case is treated like holiday destination or source of cheap underpaid labour. F...k UK

I am starting my US residency this July Smile
Sorry dude, I didn't mean to be rude !
I guess hardship there made me say it.
good luck for your residency !!
guys, we'll all be working side by side in residencies and having fun. there r negative things everywhere. u'll come across a lot of negative stuff here too. be prepared for that. we just have to rise above our differences.
no offence taken blue, had to stand up for my country Smile good luck to u 2
Elmo,

I can only laugh at your post. Do you really think Indian docs in the US are treated with lots of dignity and respect? And they are considered equal to their white counterparts? And above all you should hypothesize on these things becuase brown skinned people have faced most prejudice in east european countries like Poland.

You being white will have alot of advantages in US as well as UK. Just visit any hospital and you will realize that in these countries just your skin being light gives you a different respect altogether. You know it and we know it. We just need to work and live along with each other.

dr shankarpatel you have no reason to laugh at my post, I do not like when Eastern Europe is being looked down upon (apes?) especially on this international forum. I do not like how Brits are treating other nations either
Shheeesh.. you are either incredibly naive or plain ignorant. Does Poland accept people of color with open arms? There is more racism is Poland than in the UK..

Enjoy residency and dont complain.
actually I am a pretty happy guy, I am far from complaining Smile I already gave u my reasons for replying to the above posts. Poland is pretty white country, that is true. The reason that there is not much Indian people in Poland is pretty simple. It is not racism my friend, Poland is poor country, second class Europe, Indians do not come here because it is not worth it. Do you know how much you will earn here as a junior doc? - 200$ per month. Do you know how much u will pay to rent one bedroom? - 300-400$ per month. Indians do the math and prefer to go to the UK to earn 4000$ per month. We Poles do the same. It's the way of life. People go after big bucks.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »