Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please share & post progress here - iqbalian01
yea it was long day...with few distractions due to sunday n oscar red carpet..lolllllzz but i managed to do it...yes i have taken first 4 NBME..now i plan to take 5th by the end of this week.
how was your day?..good luck for today...today i will complete some leftover stuff from biochem n physio n will do patho rest of the time.
Hello guys, I need your advice. I did NBME 5 yesterday and scored 580. It shows that i am weak in neurology, musculoskeletal and behavioural. I did nbme 4 last week and i was week in these same areas. I revised them in Kaplan but i am still weak. Do you think I should do high yield neuro and brs for behavioural. And are musculoskeletal and skin sufficient in Goljan. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
hey..wanna ask when did u start..i can see u r so perfect in managing time..i'm just starting biochemistry..planning 2 have my exam next oct...can u help me plz..i'm published a question here...but no one helps me..would u mind..giving me some hints if i'm not bothering u?..thank u
@intune - i posted my answer in your original post. hope your studying is going well! Smile

@ umsle@va - yeah, i agree with the sunday thing. my day was okay. today have to finish immuno and GIT. i'm so behind. i think i need to redo schedule or something! Sad

@usmle24 - awesome, you did great in NBME 5! yeah, if you already did kaplan well, thend to HY neuro and BRS behav sci. musculo/skin should be enough in goljan and FA.

@crescent - it's been a long road for me. i graduated in 2008. started slowly and was so confused, lost, and felt alone. i found this forum in mid 2009....wish i found i earlier, but so glad i did find it. i was doing a lot of volunteer work too. so then i eventually realized many months after trying to memorize kaplan that i needed to do UW and it was to be used as a learning tool. that got me onto the right track of "how" to study and "how" questions are really asked. i'm not perfect either as far as managing time. i make schedules and do not live up to them and remake them again to try to stray organized.

i would suggest (and this is only suggestions, it's for you to come up with what works best for you) try extremely hard to rule out and minimize distractions. then make a schedule that works for you. for your first read, set aside how many pages of kaplan you want/can do in one day. do the questions at the end of each chapter. now from here on it varies and depends how you want to do this but...you can also have FA open and read from it as you finish a chapter/topic from kaplan OR you can even do UW/kaplan Qbank subjectwise as you do a specific subject from kaplan. it all depends on what fits and works best for you. but eventually you definitely need to start UW with your second kaplan read.
hope this helps and answered your question?
Thanks iqbalian01, I will start doing hy neuro. My exam is on april 9th, when are you planning to give the test
thanks for sharing
Good luck to all of u
i've read most of the bio..but i can't answer questions ...can't remember even wt i read that month...i'm so afraid i can't do it..can i take ur email plz?...thank u 4 ur time..really thank u
@usmle24 - goal to give exam is april

@usmlee2010 - you're welcome

@crescent - take it one chapter at a time. watch the videos if you have having difficulties. biochem/genetics videos were decent too. then after one chapter, do the questions at the end...make an educated guess, then read it's explanation. if you still dont understand the answer, go back into the text where they were talking about that and re-read that part again. you will never be able to remember everything. it takes a lot of repetition and questions to remember this stuff, especially for some people (like me)! dont let the fear take over. i know it can and is very difficult at times. i felt the same way when i started. but i realized that for me i just have to keep going through the material and questions until i make more connections and make more sense. dont feel overwhelmed either. just set a time to get this number of pages done and watch the videos if you feel that will help and try it out. then it's up to you if you want to go through like this and complete one read and then work on a Qbank or work on a Qbank subjectwise as you go through the subject.

you can ask me more questions here. email address is drstruggle
anyone else here a 2008 graduate?
hey iqbalian how was you day today...i am hitting with pharma today plan was to finish it in 2 days not much done today may take a little more...will again give one day to patho...doing goljan continuously is very depressing..so i am splitting it...it takes time...what are you up to?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »