Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NMBE form 12 Section 1 . answers. - borderline
14 F = They are asking any congenital anomaly, not just NTD, so it's:

Attributable risk= 2,3%-1,0% = 1%
NNT = 1/1% = 100
Hey guys! 29 is not C. I just took the online version and it was my choice and its wrong. argh.
1. BAEDF
6. EBBCD
11. BBAFE
16. BADAA
21. AAAEA
26. CECAC
31. AFBBC
36. EADAD
41. DEDCC
46. CEGDF
hey guys
22 is D) Mucocutaneous Lymph node syndrome (Kawasaki disease)
@jkuo

hey, why do you think it's ML node syndrome due to Kawasaki? Isn't kawasaki more of a children's disease with other manifestations? This patient is 26yo. Could you let me know me know...i tried looking for it online but couldn't find anything. =/

thank you!
Why can't 26 be a, fas ligand recognizes cells with MHC 1 and helps destroy it. MHC I is just there presenting it. It doesn't recognize, it just presents. A technicality but the NBME is like that.
q26
a 6-month-boy is diagnosed with respiratory syncytial virus infection. Which of the following cell surface protein complexes is most likely involved in recognition and clearance of virus-infected cells in this patient?
a fas ligand
b interleukin-2 (IL-2) receptor
c MHC I
d TNF receptor
for q 29

An experiment is designed to study the differences between two tissue-specific isozymes of a particular enzyme. The Vmax, of enzyme 1 is 300 units of activity per minute per milligram of protein, whereas the Vmax of enzyme 2 is 30 units of activity per minute per milligram of protein. Based on these numbers, which of the following conclusions about the K,. values for enzyme 1 and enzyme 2 is most accurate?
A) The Km. cannot be predicted based solely on the value of Vmax.
B) The Km for enzyme 1 and the Km for enzyme 2 will differ but cannot be quantified with the given data.
C) The Kmax for enzyme 1 is one-tenth the Km enzyme 2
D) The Kmax for enzyme 1 is ten times greater than the Km for enzyme 2
E) They are the same

I think they want us to realize that Km and Vmax are independent of each other. That is why so many problems we get involve determining the effect of competitive and noncompetitive inhibitors. They affect an enzyme differently without effecting the other variable. Any thoughts.
From an old article

The vinblastine binding activity of tubulin decayed upon aging, but this property was not studied in detail. Vinblastine did not depolymerize stable sea urchin sperm tail outer doublet microtubules, nor did it bind to these microtubules. However, tubulin solubilized from the B subfiber of the outer doublet microtubules possessed the two high affinity binding sites (KA = 1-3 X 105 l./mol). These data suggest that vinblastine destroys microtubules in cells primarily by inhibition of microtubule polymerization, and does not directly destroy preformed microtubules.

In other words, it stops dynamic assembly and disassembly (from G-actin to F-actin)

so 11 is A
I think 16 is B

Alveolar Po2 is going to be the same as she is doesn't have any respiration problems.
the heartburn means she's probably losing blood and this is the reason for the anemia

lost of hg doesn't have a direct affect on most PO2 measurements as they only account for 3% of the total O2 - like it's easy to decant and fill a shot glass

it's the fact that she has less carrying capacity - where most of her O2 is store. Like your teapot has shrunken to the size coffee mug instead of the normal size of a med study coffee pot.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »