Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exam yesterday - genewalking
i dont mean exact number of anatomy questions...Atleast did u have quite a numbe of General anatomy questions...?? Will it be worth reading USMLE ROAD MAP or another buk to supplement Kaplan ??

Wuld u suggest us to go ahead with High Yield Neuroanat even having done with Kaplan NA ? ?

Sorry on that..I found the lab manual extension myself....So did u go thru the whole website....??It seems very interesting ! yet time consuming !
http://anatomy.med.umich.edu/musculoskel...h_vid.html

I am not able to open any of these...any idea how to fix it ?

thanks
hi
good luck fo ryour score
my examis in about 30 days and im using robbins path with the nbmes i think is working for me but its taking a long time

do you have other suggestions
maybe i should extend

do your recommend going over each nbme in detail if so i will need to extend
hey gene walking u der ??
wish u all the best
do u have UWSA offline if u could send it
thnx
genewalking, must say thanks for the time you spend answering thoes qs.
goodluck in all other steps.
medico25, sorry for not writing back promtly.
I am able to open the link for anatomy, but it takes time to load becaue of the huge size. Did you try the smaller version, which is on the right side?

regarding the anatiomy qs, I had about 2 qs per section or maybe 3 to 4 in some sections if you include neuro and x-rayx/cuts. I had a feeling that it is nearly impossible to prepare for anatomy so that you get all the qs right, because they can always get you on a small detail, but as long as you take your time to look over systems like abdomen, thorax, neck, pelvis noting the spatial relationship of organs to each other, where the main arteries are branching from, some unusual patterns of vascularizations, what makes the body walls then you would probably get most of the questions if not all. Regarding limbs, there would be couple qs for sure, but in addition to what is in FA it is good to know about smaller muscles in the hands.

I did not to Road Map to anatomy, can't really comment on it. Same with mol biology, I didn't do anything special for the exam, but I did use The Cell book when I was studying it earlier but it is way too detailed for the exam, can probbaly be used only to consult.

smile360,
well I only used Goljan RR and his lectures. It took time to go through his RR, and I realised later that as he mentions in his lectures this book is meant also for step 2, meaning some things in his book are not asked on Step1. But apart from RR it took me almost 4 moth just to be done with UWORLD, so I guess it is time consuming in any way. If you see improvment in your NBME scores, then you are probably doing a right thing.
draz, i did all uwsa tests on-line, can't really help you on this.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »