Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
took the test today! :) - malik1223
hi malik1223, good luck for your result..wana ask that you reply to sanak that surgery is not enough in mtb3, go thru 70pages of surgery notes quickly, wat is that? these are diffent notes for surgery? bcoz surgery in mtb3 has only 35 pages! can you give link about these notes ..thanks .
i meant by the 70 pages, the first 70 pages of kaplan notes.. not the clinical vignettes, the actual text..
oh ok, thanks .
Hi malik1223,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please tell what is the average % (overall correct%) to get on UW before assessing with a NBME?

Also please correlate the average% with number of times e.g. 1st time 60%, 2nd time 70% .....usually how many times is UW revised.?

I am very nervous to do a nbme...Sorry for bothering you!!

Thanks so much for taking the time. Wishing you all the very best with the scores.

i did UW one time only, and didnt finish everything of it.. was averaging around 78% first time..
i heard that as long as u average in the 70%, you should be fine..
first time UW online, subjectwise or mixed questions approach which one is better ?
Hi malik1223,

thanks for the reply. By neonatology do you mean first six chapters of kaplan peds?
Do you recommend watching the videos for biostats for step-2 or just the biostats chapters in step-1 plus UW should be ok?
Did u do kaplan q bank?
Good luck.......
Hi Malik1223

Thanks a lot for the reply!

@mmusmle.. yes, the first six in kaplan peds..
for biostats, the videos are EXTREMELY important! he stresses on the high yield points, and make it much easier to answer biostats.. i used them along step2 biostats... i didnt use step1 biostats notes..
i didnt do kaplan q bank.. used some of it in step1, and found it wayyy too much detailed, and i heard its the same in step2! so didnt bother!! UW is more than enough.. keep on doing qs from UW in the last two weeks before ur test.. the majority of the ideas tested are in UW q bank..
Hi malik1223

Thanks and do let us know if you get your result on 01 August, 2012 (Third Wednesday counting exam day as first)

good luck.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »