Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my step 1 experience - pseudomyxoma
CONGRATS ..!!!
@seemal dont be scared of anything. for anatomy and neuroanatomy, I kept it simple. I just memorized FA anatomy and picked up whatever extra info I could from uworld. anatomy is a crapshoot, in theory theres just too much stuff to pick up an actual anatomy book and study it. keep it simple and learn that stuff well. for neuroanatomy, again i didnt use anything specifically, i just tried to learn whatever was in FA and UW. i was not too great at this because my weaknesses going into my step reflected the weaknesses of FA, neuroanatomy being one of them. I would recommend maybe reading HY neuroanatomy, at the very least study the images because I did have a few questions here.

@mintmle thank you for the kind words. knowing my basic concepts well and being able to extrapolate from them is what I believed gave me success. so i would advise you to know the basic concepts cold and then you will be able to derive answers to questions that are confusing. i did not have a study partner at any point during my prep. i took one day off every week and did something fun, this was really important to keep me focused while i studied the other 6 days and this helped avoid burnout. i recommend this to everyone, i have a feeling mental status is undermined, its important to be happy while studying. i think the whole study partner thing can be great to keep each other in check but the last few weeks can be so haphazard and every day you may be switching your plans, its probably not beneficial to work with someone else who might cause you to make compromises/sacrifices and who the heck wants to do that so close to real deal, but thats just my opinion.

@sshaadab will email pathoma shortly, dont have any offline nbmes
yes please sent me the pathoma pdf. It will be really helpful.
Thanks and congrats again.
my email is ki927sh
Thanks a lotSmile
Good luck for future steps.
one more Q, did you go through all of FA before taking final two nbmes? or did u take them one fine day by going through your usual prep? i get the straight up memorization questions wrong because of the fact i studied that topic, a long time ago.
i took 16/17 few days apart while going through FA one final time. if your missing recall qs, thats a good thing because all you need to do is revise. If your missing conceptual qs thats more of a problem. Remember its a thinking exam. Recall qs are few and far between or at least on my particular form. dont get too caught up memorizing factoids last couple days, just revise quickly because truthfully you know what you know at that point.
thank you very much for the detailed response Smile all the very best for future Smile
congrats and goodluck on ur future steps.please can u send me ur pathoma pdf.thanks
Hi congratulations on the great score!!! good job.
I have my exam at the end of march, I have never done pathoma, but from reading through the forum and from your experience I am considering it.
Do you recommend doing pathoma now? I have done kaplan, goljan, DIT, right now I am doing my UW for the 2nd time along with FA revision. My target is a 250+.Please advice
Once again great job!!! Smile
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »