Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Road to Step1... 6 weeks for exam. - mrroboto
@ewing1122whatsurt: I'm taking my test in beginning of May before the changes occur. So, before doing UWSA and trying the question technique, I was getting in the high 190s on my nbme comps. However, after someone suggested this technique to me, I saw an improvement of 10 pts on my nbme comps, and the 215 on UWSA #1. I'm not sure how long it took me to see this improvement, as I was also reviewing FA while trying this technique. But I can definitely tell you, that after reading the question and answer choices, I looked for more specific clues in the question stems, I was less distracted by other options that were not the right answer (due to process of elimination), and I think my test anxiety improved a little bit. This worked for me. I also found a study partner to review MICRO and PHARM (general + system wise) daily, so these subjects have become my strength. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to improve my score by 20 points. If you have any suggestions, please send them my way. I'm using FA, Pathoma and UWORLD. Good Luck!
Hi risud87 v both r in the same boat n even i'm planning my exam at the same time and also aiming for 230+....I haven't tried reading with a sp ........i have to figure out a wat soon because its just one mnth left..
@Risud87- thanks for the suggestions. Im planning to take an NBME every sunday from now on, so we'll see, im also doing two uworld sets daily. BTW, whats comps?

@itsmytime - you need to tell your self that you are working hard and you should let anxiety ruin it, once you begin see an increase in your percentages, u'l have less anxiety

Can you guys share your daily schedule?

Mine- so im on my second pass of FA and Pathoma, Im dedicating two days per system, one day I do all pathoma for that system, another day I do FA( of course I do some FA on the day i do pathoma b/c pathoma is short and sweet). I also do two sets of q's of uworld. pretty much gonna do this for the next 3 weeks, then review and more questions per day, might do RX towards the end for a few subjects(biochem, cell bio anatomy)
@Ewing
that sounds like a good daily schedule... I'm concentrating on FA right now, I should be over this pass of FA by next Wednesday.

I took UWSA Yesterday without going thru Biochem, Micro, Immunology, GI, Heme, MSK, Psych and Biostats... and I failed... Sad... I did well on the subjects that I studied this past 2/3 weeks. (above borderline). Out of 13 Q's of Behavioral, I got more than 10 wrong, lol. Just minor mistakes of things that I don't remember, and with a quick review will get right. I'm not letting this score drag me down. I will be pushing this two weeks and take an NBME next Saturday (April 9).

Do UWSA still overpredict? I read somewhere, possible on SDN, that the curve has been adjusted but haven't found any formal announcement on this.

I will probably do UWSA this Sunday, for the fun of it... I guess.

Hope everyone is pushing!!! Keep at it!!!
@ewing: comps is another way of saying nbme exam.
hi everyone,
my schedule is getting delayed just because of anxiety, so i was slow for last few days, and i have realized that because of all this anxiety i have wasted so much time, so i have catch up now, originally i was planning to take one NBME this 31, but i have to delay that, now i am aiming for 3 november.
i have made a rough schedule for these coming 4 days, so my plan is do 2 UW block in morning and then do 2 system, and then close my day by day again by doing UW. want to score good in this NBME, so i think i have give my 100% now.

after this NBME then i will plan my next week accordingly.
all the best to all of you .

@ mrroboto
how many uworld questions do you do daily? About your UWSA that you took, if this is your first pass of FA, whatever u got on that uwsa does not mean anything, I mean absolutely nothing. At this point(since u havent finished FA) it doesnt matter if UWSA over or under-predicts your score; tho I hear different things about UWSA score correlations. So online(studnetdoc, reditt and etc) ppl say UWSA over predicts your score by 10 points, my friend that got her score back last week got 20 points over her UWSA that she took a few days before her step-> conclusion dont listen to ppl and do ur own thing.

@risud87
gottcha, thank you

@iww16
How long does it take you to do 2sets of uw? and how long do you take to cover to systems? Dont stress over an NBME, taken it asap, learn from it and move on.
hey ewing! hope everything is going your way.

I'm doing ~2 blocks of UW daily. (as much as possible, some days 1, others 2.) I also read a bit of pathoma before bed, and go over some flashcards that I did on the past. All of this while reading FA. I will be doing UWSA-2 this weekend, want to keep track of how I'm progressing. After this weekend I will be moving into NBME's every Sunday until test day... 15-18. Really looking forward to NBME 15, hoping to be passing or nearly passing as I would be 4 weeks out of test day.

Positive energy for everyone! When in doubt, read it again! Repetition is key!
@Iww

good luck on your NBME! Keep us updated.
did anyone find nbme 12 more difficult than nbme 13? or was it just me?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »