Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Post embarrassing behaviors of IMGs during IV - drbhatti
thanks pahology, I know the photo frame decoration thing is hilarious..

Well some other things I can think of, not necessarily embarrassing but here it goes..

- Guys please get a hair cut, wash you hair with shampoo and use a small amount of gel, try not to use wax, it makes your hair look greasy and dirty.
- Shave
- iron you suit
- don't slouch while sitting in the conference, waiting room and IV!
- Oh this one I have seen a lot. DO NOT rest your elbows on the table, it is so bad manners
- wear dark socks
- no gold chains
- don't talk about religion, marriages, accents...
- don't flip out if someone has more or better interviews than you do
- Don't be that person asking everybody how many interviews everybody has and where
- Don't ask for people scores, research, in front of everybody
- If you are a vegetarian don't be disrespectful towards the dinner they are serving

Do
Laugh, have a good time, crack a few jokes
be yourself while behaving

thats it..

I forgot to tell...

One guys was sleeping at the ground rounds!!!!

another guy had glassy eyes and he did not move his facial muscles once during the entire dinner!!!!!!!!!!! that is a talent I am talking about!!!!!!!!!!!
hehehe........one guy at iv was busy comparing his credentials with others. he even asked those with step3 score to hands up & some people really responded. lol.

infact some were actually criticizing the interviewers, i wonder why they came.

funny things happen!
Maybe a few of you will recognize this guy.....
At the pre-IV dinner, IMG guy, kept yakkity-yakking his head off, over-enthusiastic, stupid wide grin pasted on to his face, hogging all the conversation he could. Next morning at the presentation, made sure he was sitting at the head of the table right next to the faculty. As the PD starts the slide-show, there comes this very loud noise going 'Mamamamama', and everyone stops in his/her tracks - it was his cell-phone going off, he instantly fumbled and switched it off. The PD being very nice and all acknowledged him and kind of hinted it was ok and that such things happen. The PD continues with the presentation, a few mins later, the same thing happens, the faculty member next to him glares at him and says in a very supercilious manner: I think you might want to turn that off!! The PD starts talking about the program, about the simulation labs, and this guy says: "How many sTimulation labs do you have?". That faculty member says very pronouncedly, "SIMULATION". This guy does NOT take the hint. He asks again, " How many STIMULATION men do you have?".
Poor thing.

At another pre-IV dinner, all AMGs except for me. Drank like there was no tomorrow. Even the hosting residents were concerned with ordering the most expensive wine they could as the varsity was picking up the tab. Can you believe it, the server actually came to our table and said, " I think maybe you guys would like to wrap up the drinking, I know y'all have an early day tomorrow."

P.S.: I see guys with wasting muscles, but the main issue they're concerned about while on tour is, " Do you have a gym?"
Hey connman ! I was at the dinner in which you mentioned!and i know exactly who you are talking about.he did really blow his head off!.LOL..but I can't figure who you are especially since you pre matched!!I"m assuming you're a "He"...Now if you can drop some heavy hints like where you were seated on the pre IV dinner etc etc I think I can place you...congrats again by the way!
All non-US IMG's will have some sort of problem, be it Indian, Middleeastern, African, South American, Mexican, Latin, etc Eventually, everyone will adapt to the US system...some learn the hard way and others learn because they want to.

No point starting a thread for this to make fun of ourselves i.e. every single non-US IMG!! I bet you, if some PC is reading this, she/he would be thinking Stupid, immature IMG's and they call themselves physicians!

Usually, the highest number of IMG applicants are from India because they have so many graduates and so it is normal to come across more IMG's from that country who are so called "embarassing" IMG's. Other countries that have higher graduates coming to US include Pakistan, Middle-east/Arab countries, Asian countries.

Usually people who think that they are the best also have flaws that they might not know but others will know!! At least the so called embarassing IMG's are being themselves unlike the so called "mature" IMG's who think they are the best and know all!

''people who think that they are the best also have flaws that they might not know but others will know''

exactly for that line having this thread is helpful
conman, I am one of those people asking for the fitness center, yep, I am guilty...
Thanks for letting me know, I will try not ask that next time lol...

See, this thread is useful!
Yep, there was this guy who came dressed in a suit that he probably was fitted for when he was 10 years old. During the tour he was pushing everyone out of the way just so he could be next to the resident the entire time. Everyone could tell the resident seemed a little creeped out. And then when the interview ended and all of us were leaving, he requested to have another interview with another attending. Who the hell does that?? I guess he really wanted to show how interested he was in the program. Little did he know he was making a complete ass of himself.
There was this telugu guy who was so desperate for a prematch that he offered the PD his sister for the night in exchange for a prematch offer
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »