Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please share & post progress here - iqbalian01
hey iqbalian..did u take u world sim tests..wat r ur scores?want to compare mine..exam on 24th..gl
I've been going through a minor procrastination period after completing kaplan notes and UW once.
I've tried starting my second read for 2 weeks already and its been going very slow. I think I reached some kinda of threshold. I've decided to watch kaplan videos to change rhythm.

The videos really go slow but overall it really helps to solidify the concepts, i think its worth it.

How fast should I be going with these videos. How many chapters a day do most people go through.

I would appreciate it if someone could give me a good outline of how to manage videos/ UW/FA/Notes.
plz share ur u world sim test results..i m simly freaked out..thnx
@reach4stars - if you have done UW and all the NBMEs well and you want to practice more questions then you can practice kaplan Qbank questions.

@javeria - sorry, i have not taken the UW sim test yet

@ayash - everyone has a different styles of studying. try to come up with a schedule that works best for you and you can manage to get the maximum out of. if you have done UW and kaplan all once then i would suggest taking an NBME to see where you are and your weaknesses. if you want to watch the videos and if they are slow but you want to watch them, then try to watch it in a fast mode (ie. 1.5X). divide up the day according to what you want to get done and how much you believe is possible for you to get done.
usmle@va- how are you? how is prep going?
@iqbalian how r u doing and how everybody doing...
i finished all kaplan and uw bank already.. got all my notes down... done all nbme 1-4 offline... now, each day... try to re-inforce again my notes+FAs in the morning, and afternoon Golian+FAs in the afternoon... at night look at the highyield again...for 2more weeks... and take nbme or uworld assessment again... i stopped doing uw questions... how long you guys think i will be ready for the exam... my nbme is mid 400s
@phaidau - i'm hanging in there...really stressing out these days. so you have done all the NBMEs...try going back and doing each one under timed conditions and see how you do and then go over the answers and explanations you have saved from discussions. did you do UW self-assessment yet, if not, try to do that to assess yourself too. obviously, these are just suggestions and i havent taken exam so keep that in mine ;-).

but it looks like you are in good shape, esp since you have done everything (UW, kaplan, FA, goljan, NBMEs) and mid400s is getting closer to 500 i'm sure after these 2 more weeks of consolidating everything. wish you all the best.

can you please share how much of FA you try to do each day as well as how much goljan. thanks! i'm trying to also get through these two as well as kaplan, but just taking me longer than i thought it would Sad. thanks!
@iqbalian01... i tried to read around 30pages of FAs....sometimes i lost concentration too!!!! Golian is usually for 2 weeks to finish, so, each day one organ system or something... Kaplan notes is a lot and details too... b/c after i done the kaplan bank+uwbank+kaplan notes, i made everything into my notes.....
so, each morning i spend 4 hours to read my notes parallel with FA... I think how many pages doesn't matter, the main thing is to understand once you read your own notes or kaplan notes with FA...
or you can do like this way.... read Golian (his book or audio or watever) each organ and combine with FA together.... and repeat everything for 2 weeks... if not enough time, repeat another 2 weeks... once ready... take assessment... What do you think my advices....
the main things isn't the questions... the main thing is how much you remembered from your notes on the day of your exam....... questions is the study tool and which information they will ask...? after done all the questions to get enough informations and the way they asked... i think we should concentrate on notes... notes... notes and memorizes....
is it good idea??
@phaidau - your plan looks good. everyone has different ways of studying, so stick to what works best for you.

i definitely think revising UW/HY notes + FA is important, esp as it gets closer to exam period. but i also am afraid of not keeping the routine of doing questions...as questions allows you to continue to apply the knowledge as well as helps to remember the info.
did you go through UW a 2nd time or are you sticking to UW notes you took from it?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »