Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
december 2011 test takers gather here - dream77boy
@dream
i have given one read to kaplan and goljan..... doing FA along with Uworld......
im sorry i dont have skype id.....
hello everyone............

iam sailing in the same boat....
iam still doing first read with videos.........iam left with patho, pharmac and behavioural
iam doing goljan with audios and rapid review.........it is much time taking......but i feel it has got good subject in it...........
what r u guys following for patho?

do any of follow DIT videos........? wat are ur opinions regarding it?

i just started with u world...finished kaplan books once..and doing fa side by side....does anyone have goljan audios..if soo plz send me my id..drmints...skype drmints..
Hi dream77boy and everyone. i think this forum is a great idea. i just joined usmleforums today in the hopes that ill find smart folks who can help me when i get stuck on a concept. i am currently doing the DIT and have already gotten stuck on the function of alpha 1 receptors on vasoconstrictions leading to increased preload, afterload and BP. but i dont understand how this happens. someone please help me out in this concept. thanks
bump
@arshiya I have gone through some of the DITs, the guy seems to be quite smart, pickin gup on the important points, though would have to say I did have to go through the kaplan videos for most of the subjects...
for patho, I have skimmed past kaplan though i have heard that goljan is better am trying to get the book and some people say goljan is quite detailed and might be a problem in revising it towards the end of the preparation,, but I guess patho is quite high yield....
@najah
alpha 1 receptor r vasoconstrictor.....
constriction of veins will inc the preload meaning more return of blood to the heart from veins and less polling of blood in the vein.....
constriction of the ateries will inc the after load bec the heart has to work against the force due constriction of the arteries...
BP- is tension created on arteries due to constriction.....

so thats y alpha blockers r used in in Hypertension....
hope its help and correct me if im wrong...
um scared!
still in biochem uw, fa

@sharif0812 wt r u doing? uw or nbme?
hey sarabjit26

im in the same situation as u. ive gone through kaplan and fa already but i didnt do well on my first round with uworld. idk i guess it will just take more practice. did u go through first aid?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »