Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any Body without IV until now..join here. - melasyndrome
Till now I received nothing except for 2 acknowledgment letters …

I applied fort 64 psychiatry program
My credential is : 99(232), 97(234),CS all first attempt, YOG :2007 psych residency for 1.5 years , local psych publication, no USCE,1 US LOR . no IV yet but,I feel optimistic.
it is not the previous USA any more. economy is not good. medicare/medicaid is cutting down. residency progmrams have no money. unemployment rates are high among US citizens. if you are not in the USA, has no USCE, need visa, you will hardly get calls. it is this year's reality. dont loss hope but please check other alternative careers also. life is not just residency. good luck
@ macuray...u r very true
@macuray: they are still taking the same number of people into residency, the seats have neither gone up or down. but do agree that if u dont have any usce or good scores, then the chances of mayching are not very high.
guys..I hope we get atleast one iv, by the end of the week..this week is going to be the most stressful I suppose..keep your fingers crossed..support each other and pray for each other too...
I am in..
99/99/CS passed first attempt
year of gra. 2005
3 years of residency-2008
So far 3 rej
No IV
@macuray, can you post some alternative options, if not residency..??so that, we can start working on that..b4 some1 else close those doors also..plz, ur input is required..we can't waste years and money on residency without income..
@melasyndrome

alternative career options are a good idea(teaching, MPH, asst./tech...), but from what I see, necessary qualification/certifications are much desired for this;being an MD w/o residency is difficult, either you;re too overqualified for jobs, or don't have the items mentioned above.How is it possible to pay for more training, MPH especially is expensive?...or personally accept jobs that's lesser than what you are capable..cheers and keep on dreaming and reach for the stars!
@DrKiran.

*** "drkiran_99 - 09/26/11 11:22
*** I am in..
*** 99/99/CS passed first attempt
*** year of gra. 2005
*** 3 years of residency-2008
*** So far 3 rej
*** No IV"

---------------------------

Are you serious ??????
rejection from Lincoln (IM) and Suny upstate syracuse (Peds) today...
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »