Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
please share & post progress here - iqbalian01
how did it go man..??

what about others.... all those who are planning to give their exam soon... in next month... give some inputs.. sammy stalin iqbal piroximan ... and others...
i have started going back through the NBMEs i have already taken and hope to do the ones i havent as well soon. was reviewing some kaplan Qbank questions. i have delayed this enough so i will start UW today...aim is to do 2 blocks each day.

hope everyone else's prep is going well.
@ Iqbalion hows it going with UW.. I have started but still some questions I am not confident off... 100 questions per day.. so that means 20 days for 2000 questions of UW.. right...?? so you plan to read only educatonal objective or evrything...
@reach4stars - yep...20days and last 10 days review incorrect/marked.
i plan to skim through everything and spend more time on the ones i got wrong. that's the goal. i just finished doing one block...now have to work on reading through explanations.
BACK TO SQUARE ONE GUYS - UWSA IS VERY TOUGH

I dont know what to do........Just now gave UWSA 1 and scored 550/230 and i got only 126 qs correct out of 192.
I know UW overestimates the score...........So i think this score means less than 200 in real exam right.........if i compare like nbme 126*1.45 = 182 three digit score

Where am i heading........i got 146/200 in nbme4 about two wks ago.........now am down by 20 marks.......
and i scored the least in pathology........and scored zero in general principles of health and disease area

I felt the questions were really tough.......I cud somehow make the diagnosis but the concept asked was not at all familiar for most of the qs........What is ur experience guys

Please give me input guys i am waiting......have to start brushing whole pathology now
hi iqbalian,and all
can u plz share the source of CT scans.and how do u manage which one ,,one must see.
i have exam in july,,plz help me.
@stalinmbbs
inshaAllah ,,u will recover ur score..dont loose hope ,,,y dont u take help from golijan's transcript for a quick rev ,rather than reading whole path rr.
@ stalin... dont worry dude.. I feel its gud that we commit mistakes here.. cos we are preparing for the main exam... if your path is coming stronger.. you have couple of options.. do 1 tape of goljan daily (only those at which you are weak) or just skim pages from FA... pls do questions at the end of Goljan book also.. they are gud and help in some gud concepts...

@ iqbal .. I am also doing the same.. will start with yesterdays left over assesment.. did u finsh yesterdays pending work...
hi,
how u guys controlling ur anxiety?as i am reaching close to exam,i panic & then alot of bad things happen..so stressout wasted whole day crying yesterday...make plans & then change them i don't know how to deal..i need to pass this exam wid good score but the way i am handling situation it doesn't seem like it
ufffffff so tense..
hey USMLEMLE.. everyone gets panicky at times.. its human to have that feeling... but how long u stay in it tht depends on person to person.. the sooner u come out and get back to work the better..
i too get anxious when on repeated revision I forget the matieral... but i think the more mistake I commit Before the test, the more I will revise those topics AND less chance of doing the same mistakes in exam... so stay calm... do meditate for sometime if u get anxious.
@reach4starts - how is it going? you getting through UW okay? i did one block yesterday and almost done with explanations. i am also working on NBMEs too. so i will try to get through 2 blocks today!

@umlemle - it's normal it have anxiety, but try to minimize it and focus because it will allow you to retain more. do questions when you get sidetracked because it makes you focus more and gets you back on track (at least for me it does ;-) ) good luck!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »