Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Q bank log blog. - bugguy19
Hi bugguy,

keep believing, working and fight for it!

I did my first NBME in July at the beginning of my prep and got 280/181 (NBME 7 online);
It is good when you have such shakings cause you realize you need to put more effort on it.
But it should not decrease your motivation!

I did another NBME in September and could see improvement on the distribution of disciplines on the performance profile, but score was not at the good point yet. 450/217 (NBME 11 online)

I will do NBME 12 at the end of this month;
I am going to join you in this Qbank log blog! Thanks for creating it!

Keep motivated!
Smile
Hi rush2014, thank you so much, just reading your replay make my day Smile
Just tell me how did u improve your nbme score .

Thank u again
I had to step back from doing questions, it wasn't helping me as I did not had a solid base. I was feeling like missing something among questions; I realized I needed a more structured study, before doing qbanks.

Then I studied each subject, in a very proactive way: writing, writing writing… doing a lot of power points, and also with a flipchart, so when I was tired of being sit I stood up and keep going…

I also used Pathoma videos and book and Goljan audios to guide me through the subjects, Kaplan LN only as reference. I did FA once during this time.

Now I am ready to go thru Qbanks all over, and FA while reading Goljan RR.

I did the Robbins Qbank last weekend all the 530 questions, it was good start over with questions again;

The real improvement on NBMEs was in the performance profile, first I had only one discipline at the safer side, now I have two at the lower side; but its is not simple, there is no other way just hard hard work.

Keep moving Smile
Rush, your plans sound great and solid, I wish you all success , my plan was exact opposite of you I spent a great time building my base because I am an old grad(2004) basically a dinosaur but mean while I was doing off line Qs . But when I took my 1st nbme a month ago I realized that I need to stop reading and start online uw +Fa

I hope my next nbme (this weekend) will improve coz I started to panic.

thank you again for sharing your plan..

God help us all

My plan for today is to finish the reproductive system (reading my notes +fa+ uw )

Its 11.00 am. This is my plan for today

11-1.00pm✈✈✈✈✈reproductive embryo, histo,anatomy

1-2.00pm✈✈✈✈✈✈uw (about 30qs)

2-4✈✈✈✈ reproductive physio +qs

4-6 pm✈✈✈✈gym (listing to molecular biology ) on treadmill since this is my only time for molecular biology

6-8 ✈✈✈ my break with 15min on my bug of the day blog (again only time for micro)

9-12✈✈✈reproductive path+qs

Ok I will post every time I finish one of the stages Smile
Nice buggy!

It seems that we are on the same boat. My YOG is 2005!
Lets rock it down! : )

I like your day plan! treadmill listening to molecular biology is awesome!! Smile
Hope to hear your progress!

it is not over until we win!
Cheers!

Hi there! : )

Done with my 3 blocks, student consult, timed online (studied full explanations)

Lot of people don't like student consult, but I really need to do a lot of questions, so I start with this Qbank, the plan is go for USMLERx, Kaplan and then UW.

My personal goal is over 250, as I aim for General Surgery (no second option, can't live without surgery! let's work, work, work).

No matter how bad it is or how bad it gets, I am going to make it! (I keep repeating it!)

Cheers!

Hi rush, u did a good jobs (3 block with explanation is huge )

Yesterday didn't went well for my , but today am going to have nbme 12 , I will post my score today

I am scared :

See u all later
gl bugguy
all the best bugguy
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »