Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
canada and j1 - sarah901
Hi guys!!!!
I'm very confused.....I am a canadian permanent resident and I'm planning to apply for residency next year...Im done with my step 1 and 2 .......I have heard from different ppl that in order to be eligible for j1 visa I need to pass candian exams as well.....Please can anyone help me get a clear answer.Thanks a lot in advance.
yes to get j1 u need to pass MCCEE...thata med council of canada Evaluation exam
Don't be confused. Here is what u have to do.
J1 states u have to leave US for 2 years. If you have canadian immigration, you can go back to Canada even after processing J1 from any other country you are citizen of. Unfortunately you cannot work in Canada anyway. Check www.mcc.ca You are probably aware of conditions in Canada.
If you wish to process J1 from Canada only you need to do MCCEE. Otherwise you can process it from any other country and decide to go back to live in Canada as that is where you residency is. GL and pray for me.
plz answer me
i have finished usmle part 1 and 2 and csa,old img score 85/79,need visa
cant find a residency in us ,can i get a residency in canada,do i have to do MCC evaluating ang qualifying exam or ecfmg certificate is enough to work in canada ,is it worth trying in canada or is it a dead endfor img aand i should try again in us plz answer im very depressed and dont even want to continue part 3
thnxs
hohomary dats a very good ques which many docs r having who dint get any interviews yet. i posted it in matching forum so that we can better info.

good luck.
u can try to get a residency in canada, but u have to clear EE, qe1 and OSCE. And u also need to have some canadian experience. After all these you can try. But everyyear 1500/2000 IMG s r applying for residency and only 30/40 people r getting it. So. I will say it will be really hard. I don't want to dissapointed u but I know this condition because I also cleared everything in USA and trying for CANADA after completing all exam here but nothing is working.
mim is right. i am also in same boat.
mim is right. i am also in same boat.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »