Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did not match on 2nd attempt kkkkkkk - desirable
You have to apply to FM.
@ricandoctor. I applied very few programs in FM. I think FM is more competitive than FM.
I honestly do not know what will help me. I learned smartness and luck plays its role as well.

@ricandoctor thanks.

I applied very few programs in FM. I did not have US lOR for FM. is it useful to apply without US LOR?
Then get FM lors. FM is not more competitive than IM.
You can do externships at Jackson park hospital in Chicago. There is an OB rotation with PD of FM Dr Nazneen. That may be a good opportunity for you to make connections. JPH only has FM tho and it's not the greatest hospital but maybe worth a shot.
Do more USCE and seriously consider an alternative career options (I know mirale dose occur, but it is necessary occur to you. And the chances are always slim. Lots of people failed forever b/c bad packages)
Even with a step 3 drop that much i dont think it should hurt you.

I think its the fact that you need a visa. It's very difficult for licensure purposes for a state to grant working/education visa.

Which country are you from?

I know in Boston they are very strict with people applying from Pakistan, Afganistan area.
Prelim internal medicine? That is even very competitive for AMGs and not even a slim chance for IMGs like you. Sorry about that

If you have difficulties finding USCEs b/c your family conditions (or even doing residency in a place far from your home), simply consider another career alternative.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »