Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hope my race is over....Yipeeee!!!! - turtlerace
GL...wish you all the best for your score....You will rock it....Smile
hey turtle gr8 exam e xp...god bless u
u are sure to get 99... u will
hey turtle gr8 exam e xp...god bless u
u are sure to get 99... u will
Thanks so much everyone for your wish that's sweet of you all. Honestly I am not sure how I did.....cause first three blocks I was so tired...I was just relieved after I went through the 1st block.....it was facing the demon was the hardest part.....but once you finish the first...then the rest follows. It was quite busy yeasterday cause people were going out and coming in...people talking....when they were not suppose to....all this GRE people typing away....so I decided to put the headphone on to cover my ears...and honestly it helped...cause I don't like ear plugs....cause you can hear your own bleathing....and my ear hurts....Haha...

Anyway to answer some of the questions

Sage2006.....buddy when are you doing to take the exam....man you are more prepared then you think you are....trust me....no sage no small muscles....only that rotator cuff question....as far as I remember.

Dr Sue....I got to be the worst planner around cause I think I accomplished more in the last three months then the entire time I was trying to master everything....the key is to make a schedule and stick to it.....which our dear Sao helped me to do....and please don't wait too long to start questions...like I did......I was to scared to face it or thought my scores would discourage me.....but I finally overcame that I started doing questions since August...rapid review was the ice breaker for me..followed by Q bank and UW.....I just love goljan...I think this guys made my preparation bearable.....I kept seeing his concepts coming up in the exam....god bless him!!
I am a old graduate so it took me a while to gear up....I started with Kaplan video...and took awfully long time with my 2nd reading....lot of wasted time.....but I thought the preparation was like building a pyramid.....you gradually narrow it down along with how much time you require to finish each subject.
But I think what helped was doing things system wise...at the end I was reviewing anatomy-Physiology-patho and pharmacology in one shot...systemwise in 1-3 days.

And when I reviewed Micro and Pharmacology after kaplan videos...I made notes in FA or added paper if needed....so never opened kaplan books for those parts after that....thank god for that.....Biochemistry I made flash cards for my self with all cycles and important points i needed to know....I never read Bev science the whole kaplan book after my first review....only specific chapters...Nothing beats kaplan for immunology....Pathology...goljan is the king.

So if you ask me how many times I read FA...it depends which subject....but overal 2-3 times. First Aid is really good...and that was my companion the last days. Honestly for CT scan I looked at Kaplan and HY mostly......trying to identify things from the picture....but the pictures and figured they use in the exam were very very clear...so if you knew your structures....you will get it.

NBME.....I waited too long to do that.....cause I was scared that the score will through me off....When I did NBME1...I was almost half asleep...everyone says that the easiest of all...but my score for that is the lowest...so that kind of brought my average score down...but overall the four of them comes around 88% (500)...my form 4 was 90% (520-530).....I don't know for sure cause I did them from the famous Dr esha source....I couldn't do it from the NBME online....I didn't have enough time.

Everyone says to add 20 to your kaplan simulation....I wonder how true that is....we will see...if it works let you guys know........

Biwildered......hey don't feel bad cause we all go through this forum addiction periods....I had my share....that's why I literally forced my self to stay out so I could get some work done....you have to train yourself.....I think almost 2-3 months I stayed the whole day in the forum.....then at one point I said enough is enough....I have so much downloaded stuff that I didn't even touch.......so it can get overwhelming.....you just have to know when to pause....and no one can do it better than you yourself...so be your own psychiatric!!!! You know yourself the best........

But I do admire people who can balance it out....cause I am sure by staying out I have missed out on lot of stuff.....especially I don't know most of the people and like they don't know me.......but everyone has there own limitations....I know like me there are so many Mom's studying....and it is not easy.......it's very hard to get 8 hrs of study.....we get very happy if we get 6 hrs......but people still do it....it's your determination that will get you there.

All the best guys I hope I answered all quiries.....
Thanks so much everyone for your wish that's sweet of you all. Honestly I am not sure how I did.....cause first three blocks I was so tired...I was just relieved after I went through the 1st block.....it was facing the demon was the hardest part.....but once you finish the first...then the rest follows. It was quite busy yeasterday cause people were going out and coming in...people talking....when they were not suppose to....all this GRE people typing away....so I decided to put the headphone on to cover my ears...and honestly it helped...cause I don't like ear plugs....cause you can hear your own bleathing....and my ear hurts....Haha...

Anyway to answer some of the questions

Sage2006.....buddy when are you doing to take the exam....man you are more prepared then you think you are....trust me....no sage no small muscles....only that rotator cuff question....as far as I remember.

Dr Sue....I got to be the worst planner around cause I think I accomplished more in the last three months then the entire time I was trying to master everything....the key is to make a schedule and stick to it.....which our dear Sao helped me to do....and please don't wait too long to start questions...like I did......I was to scared to face it or thought my scores would discourage me.....but I finally overcame that I started doing questions since August...rapid review was the ice breaker for me..followed by Q bank and UW.....I just love goljan...I think this guys made my preparation bearable.....I kept seeing his concepts coming up in the exam....god bless him!!
I am a old graduate so it took me a while to gear up....I started with Kaplan video...and took awfully long time with my 2nd reading....lot of wasted time.....but I thought the preparation was like building a pyramid.....you gradually narrow it down along with how much time you require to finish each subject.
But I think what helped was doing things system wise...at the end I was reviewing anatomy-Physiology-patho and pharmacology in one shot...systemwise in 1-3 days.

And when I reviewed Micro and Pharmacology after kaplan videos...I made notes in FA or added paper if needed....so never opened kaplan books for those parts after that....thank god for that.....Biochemistry I made flash cards for my self with all cycles and important points i needed to know....I never read Bev science the whole kaplan book after my first review....only specific chapters...Nothing beats kaplan for immunology....Pathology...goljan is the king.

So if you ask me how many times I read FA...it depends which subject....but overal 2-3 times. First Aid is really good...and that was my companion the last days. Honestly for CT scan I looked at Kaplan and HY mostly......trying to identify things from the picture....but the pictures and figured they use in the exam were very very clear...so if you knew your structures....you will get it.

NBME.....I waited too long to do that.....cause I was scared that the score will through me off....When I did NBME1...I was almost half asleep...everyone says that the easiest of all...but my score for that is the lowest...so that kind of brought my average score down...but overall the four of them comes around 88% (500)...my form 4 was 90% (520-530).....I don't know for sure cause I did them from the famous Dr esha source....I couldn't do it from the NBME online....I didn't have enough time.

Everyone says to add 20 to your kaplan simulation....I wonder how true that is....we will see...if it works let you guys know........

Biwildered......hey don't feel bad cause we all go through this forum addiction periods....I had my share....that's why I literally forced my self to stay out so I could get some work done....you have to train yourself.....I think almost 2-3 months I stayed the whole day in the forum.....then at one point I said enough is enough....I have so much downloaded stuff that I didn't even touch.......so it can get overwhelming.....you just have to know when to pause....and no one can do it better than you yourself...so be your own psychiatric!!!! You know yourself the best........

But I do admire people who can balance it out....cause I am sure by staying out I have missed out on lot of stuff.....especially I don't know most of the people and like they don't know me.......but everyone has there own limitations....I know like me there are so many Mom's studying....and it is not easy.......it's very hard to get 8 hrs of study.....we get very happy if we get 6 hrs......but people still do it....it's your determination that will get you there.

All the best guys I hope I answered all quiries.....
turtle go sleep.. !!! hhehe must be awesome feeling totally useless.. even i want to graduate soon..
turtle go sleep.. !!! hhehe must be awesome feeling totally useless.. even i want to graduate soon..
hey turtle really missed u for so long! i feel like im reliving what i went and going thru preparing for this exam after reading ur experience! i still have to read all the stuff uv posted..will do it in bits! its soo much! Smile thank u for taking the time to write... good luck for a great great score! cheers!
hey turtle really missed u for so long! i feel like im reliving what i went and going thru preparing for this exam after reading ur experience! i still have to read all the stuff uv posted..will do it in bits! its soo much! Smile thank u for taking the time to write... good luck for a great great score! cheers!
Dear turtlerace
Thank you very very much for sharing your experience. I am sure you will get a great score.
I would be grateful if you could please tell me what is ''Dr esha source''. I have downloaded some forms. But they do not have the answers. Also, how did you calculate the score form the forms?
If possible, could you please, please upload the forms and the answers.
Many Thanks
God Bless
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »