Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
to *resapril* - humerus
hi resapril,

how did your interview at st.marys go?Smile if i remember right, you were due to appear for it on the 15th of november.

good luck with your interview season!
earth to resapril Smile
earth to resapril Smile
hi humerus,
sorry for my late reply. yes I was there on 15 nov. I think you should have interview there too. I want to tell something about the program. The program say, they r major affilate of yale but dont believe that. Last year none of their residents could get fellowship though they wanted. it is avarage program, city is not nice but can live in another place. If you dont mind fellowship and want H1, I think it is still good. Hospital is new and clean. Many residents are from Iran and they favor each other.
My interview season is going well. I was offered prematch by a community pediatric program. I have good university calls too. Still thinking about it. I dont want to take the risk of being unmatched. I hope you are doing fine too. Good luck
resapril
hi humerus,
sorry for my late reply. yes I was there on 15 nov. I think you should have interview there too. I want to tell something about the program. The program say, they r major affilate of yale but dont believe that. Last year none of their residents could get fellowship though they wanted. it is avarage program, city is not nice but can live in another place. If you dont mind fellowship and want H1, I think it is still good. Hospital is new and clean. Many residents are from Iran and they favor each other.
My interview season is going well. I was offered prematch by a community pediatric program. I have good university calls too. Still thinking about it. I dont want to take the risk of being unmatched. I hope you are doing fine too. Good luck
resapril
hi resapril,how r u? do u remember me?
hi resapril,how r u? do u remember me?
yes man, i am doing fine. I am confused about the prematch. still waiting. how about you? did u get step3 result?
yes man, i am doing fine. I am confused about the prematch. still waiting. how about you? did u get step3 result?
hi resapril,

thanks a ton for your candid reply! great to know your interviews are going wellSmile

Its interesting that you mentioned that most residents are from Iran. I guess its Dr.Homayounrooz playing a significant role thereSmile

i had another q about st.marys - it has had its own residency program for a while now, but its IM programs affiliation with Yale began only last year.. so that means that only its current PGY2 residents will have been the first batch to have the advantage of rotating through Yale for the approx 3 electives a year for the entire tenure of their residency - so i guess it follows that they would be the first ones to get lors and direct meaningful contact with Yale faculty.

do you think this might have had something to do with their most recent residents not being able to secure a fellowship? (wrt not having any affiliation to yale prior to last year)

good luck with the rest of your interview season.. its great that youre already being offered prematches.. more power to you!!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »