Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ana Q - prepusmle4
67 woman R sided horner's syndrome, dysarthria, diplopia, numbness, ataxia with contralateral impairment of pain and T sensation. No other motor or hearing deficits are evident. which structures is supplided by the a. involved in this condition?

A. causal lateral pontine tegmentum, including VII n, the spinal tegmental tract of V n. the inferior surface of the cerebellum
B. cochlea and vestibular apparatus
C. Dorsolateral quadrant of the medulla, including the nucleus ambigus and the inferior surface of the cerebellum.
D. internal capsule, caudate nucleus, putamen, globus pallidus
my best guess is C
cc....I think it is walllenberg syndrome due to occlusion of pica.
awesome. but why is it contralateral impairment of pain? I think it should be ipsilateral
loss of pain and temperature sensation is on the ipsilateral face and contralateral body because of damage to the spinal trigeminal tract and spinothalamic tract, respectively
Thanks. Kabiraj, the Q didn't clairfied which part of the body and make it a little confuse. u r well prepared. when is ur test?
know it by chance....
not yet applied for the test!!!
when is yours? gl
In all cortical & brain stem lesions....long tract signs r always contralateral. . but STT lesion in cortex, brianstem or in the spinal cord it is always contralateral coz the pain & temp fibers crosses as soon as it enters the spinal cord. But the horners syndrome is ipsilateral...though the descending hypothalamic fibers runs along with STT...so +ce of s/s of horners syndrome is indicative of the side of the lesion....iN this case the lesion is Right side.
That's all I know...I hope it helps.
sharky, nice explain. Thanks. when is ur test?
applied Jan-07. last two days the self test was not as expecting, scared now.
Mine is tentatively around Feb...still have nt done with 1st reading....u r well prepared prepusmle4....u still have 1/12 months.keep studying take Nbme 3 wks before the exam...dont worry much about the score u got now...one of the forum member (malaria!) scored 55-58 in kaplan Q bank & he got 98 in step1....u will do fine...keep studying.
Goodluck biddy.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »