Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My step 1 experience - doc185
thanks Doc 185, very useful tips indeed. thanks for you time. BEst wishes for a Great score.
Thanks , doc185. It definetly helps.
CONGRATS !!!
Ihave a question........
I am doing only kaplan and goljan for pathology..........Is this enough? I am really confused as there r many other good books also available........Based on your experience what do u suggest?
Thanks.
Hi m_l_e_07

I used Goljan audio notes and the Robbins and Cotran Review of Pathology and this worked for me.

I think the Goljan audio notes are excellent. Listen to them to have a basic understanding and then try and do as many questions as possible. I used web path they have some really great slides. The Robbins has excellent exam style questions.

There are a lot of books and its very confusing. But try to have an idea of what the books have and what you want and make a choice and stick to it.

Hope that helps

I was very confused but i decided that i mainly wanted to have a good question source as the kaplan q bank wasnt that great.So i choose Robbins and stuck to it.
Congratulations! great score!
How can you manage to review kaplan notes 4-5 times? and still have time to do a lot of Qs? can you tell me how many pages per day average? Thanks!
hey congrats i m really stressed out i took nbme form 4 n got a 420 i dun want to extend my exam more i am really burned out i also took form 2 n got a 440 what r ure suggestions u think i ll b able to pass
Hi prepusmle4 and Numita
Thanks a lot.
At the beginning a 4-5 revision of Kaplan notes can seem a lot but its manageable. Try not to spend too much time on your first reading.it can be done in 2-3mths. The second read will be easier abt 2 mths. Concentrate on your weaker areas and the high yield stuff more.
I read the Immunology section really well . I didnt bother with the pathology used Goljan.
i tried to do abt 100 questions a day ..it helps to retain what you've read better.

According to the score conversion table results of 420-440 correlate to the 82-83 range.
What sort of score do you wanna achieve? When does ur eligibility period end.
Have a look at the bar graph at try to work on your weak areas.

i have to go now..but if you have more questions i can answer them tomorrow.
Good luck
i have question i did my exam on 22 nov but i dont know what result will coming what u think if i feel not only one question i did perfect ? what score should coming. i feel so bad when will result coming out
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »