Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my score!:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) - calmer
GREAT CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSS
I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT U BUT JUST WENT THRU THE THREADS ND REALLY LIKE U.
U R GREAT U DID WONDERFUL.
I'M SO HAPPY FOR U
MAY ALLAH HELP U IN EVERY STEP OF UR LIFE AMEEN.
mmdoc
Congratulations! wish u great score for next step too!
hi calmer,

A big congratulations ......you are a star.......just amazing, no words to praise your confidence and u inspire lot of people......you are an example for the saying.."when the going gets tough, tough gets going" proud of u girl.

I am going to be a mom soon in another 1 month....was really worried about my step-2 preparation.....but after reading your experiences of life.....I have some hope in life.....thanks for sharing it. You make your parents proud....good going girl.

God bless you with lot of strength and success in life. We will keep in touch in step-2 forum....take care. What is ur next plan? step-2ck/cs? bye.
Wow, you are a leader calmer!!! Congratulations!!!
"The pesimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails"
John Maxwell
Hey, Calmer, congratulationsssssssss! I just logged on the forum, and saw your great news, there was no doubt in my mind that you will get above 90s, you deserve it. Wish you get 99 on your step 2 !
bites, prog kaoshi and everyone else who posted...thanku for ur words....

Received lots of email re books and tips.....so here goes.....

For books I did:
micro.... MMRS no kaplan, no DVD, then KME and FA
immuno....kaplan all u need with DVD then KME
Anatomy....FA which I think was fine for my exam with KME
NeuroAnat....HY a definitely excellent consice read with KME
Path....did Goljan RR book once with audio....which I think is enuff
Biochem....Kaplan all u need with DVD and KME and FA
Behavior....Kaplan all u need with DVD and KME
Physio....Kaplan all u need with DVD and KME
Pharm...Kaplan all u need NO DVD....did once in beginning..then I used KME and FA.

I really think that choosing one source is important...I spent alot of time buying books I didnt use and flicking thru books that I didnt use....At end use KME which is system wise and intergrates all....KME is great coz it really gives u bare bones of absolute must know detail and I liked format of charts and tables coz it helps memorization also. If u r doing kap books then u will find that KME is like having taken notes from the big kaplan books.

I strongly recommend not spending too long on big kap notes.....do once or twice max then move to KME which is synopsis of notes and allows systematic consolidation of the big kap notes....

At the end just do FA with select pages out of KME that u take out and have put aside as must know pages...I had 50 pages like this.

BIG TIP: DONT BE SCARED OF Q....if I did again....I would start q even with first read to get self used to it and also to know what the exam content is gonna be like...
I would do Qbank with 1st read to get into question mode, UW with 2nd read to improve knowledge and gain confidence, and last I would do USMLERx which I didnt do but heard it helps memorization of FA.....something u do want just before exam.

I hope that answers ur questions.....

Finally I would say that the last 2 weeks are really important...workout a schedule so U can have no distractions these last 2 weeks.....u do need to lock urself away for last 10 days and put in solid 10h days.....for this u need to make sure u have not burned out before the last 10 days by overdoing the hours in the weeks prior.....so study smart....dont beat urself up if u have a week off or u could only make 50q in a day....remember it is not about hours clocked in for the last 6 months...it is about having a clear plan and keeping the exam in perspective...and maintaining contact with the studies even if it checking in at forum!

I know for a fact that once my mom told me to take it like a hobby or pastime...I felt alot of pressure taken off me and when I went into exam room I kept telling myself....It is just a test...I am gonna try my best on each question....the answer is there infront of me....and worse if I fail....so what...I will just do again..... I think it helped alot!

Please continue to pray for me...I need all ur prayers..this is only the first step..I really need to get into residency asap...and I know the road is difficult ahead.

GL to all and hope to see u all over at cs ck very soon inshallah!

Calmer xxx

i am still on rocky road with lots of issues going on right now so I still need everyone prayers. I have booked cs already and today I am gonna book for ck!

waaoooo I am so happyyyyyyyyy for U . Congrats and may ALLAH bless u always .
CONGRATSSSSS...thanks God
fabulous score.i told u ...u wud score above 90% but u nvere belived.C we know u more than u know urself.keep up the hard work in step 2 n 3.we wud love to c u with 99% in other steps.G.L
You break the record! View over 2100 and response over 40 and total 7 pages. I am proud of you!!
Al Hamedollah really I'm very happy for U coz I was little worry about your previous situation

But Al Hamdollah God compensate U .Inshallah The best for the following steps & Ur carrier
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »