Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese Medical Graduate Match Results - dongbeiren
hi genesm, you have so good credential, why not matched, what's u grd yr? you appl IM or FM or surgery? Most of them are Univ progrm? could u talk about your IV exp? Good luck.
Hi, Dongbeiren,

First, Congratulations to your achievement.
I have several questions about your experience. If you are not kidding (no offense), you matched in C-surg in 2006, but did not go there. And then you matched again in 2007, get in P-surg. What a long process! Do you get your US Lors every year? Or you can still use the 2006 Lors. You said you have no USCE, how do you secure the 3 US Lors? Please clarify and share your successful experience.
My case 92/99/CS passed(all first attempts)/Not taken yet/1996 graduate/Ph.D./GC/5 yrs surg exiperience in China/No USCE/5 yrs of research experience/1 US physician LORs. But I have no match this season. No success in scramble.
Thank you very much YCL
Hi, Drhe,

Sorry to know you fail with such good background. I work in a clinical department. And my boss, a very nice guy, fully supported my application and did me great favors. He introduced his friends to me and they talked to me, read my CV and finally they decided to write me LORs. I also attend to some case discussion from time to time.

Do not give up and we are going to make it.
Goteborg,

My GC application was based on NIW. So I did not take the risk switching to another profession. Actually what I did was right since before my I-485 approval I was required to submit my employment status. If I took the position then, I may have lost my GC.

You can use EAD, but that is a Gambling if you switch to another profession.
hi, benbin,
I graduated in 1984 and found I am the oldest guy in this forum. This was the biggest reason I didn't matched. I applied IM, FM and Surg. My ivs went well except a few questions I didn't feel comfortable with my answers. It always happens during an interview and doesn't mean bad. I just answered these questions honestly.
I am going to take a two yr fellowship in surgical field this year. Does anyone in this forum can answer my questions? If i finished this two yr fellow (no accreditation), can I find an attending-like job under a specific sponsor? How does it work?
I may continue my residency match in 2008. GB!!!

Thank you!
Hi, Dongbeiren,

You are so fortunate to have a supportive boos. That makes lots of sense.
I am thinking quitting my current research job to get some USCE. During my interview process, I was told by PD my US lor is not real since I have not work with that US surgeon. So I cannot simply ask US surgeon or their friends to write me letters.
I have several other question about application. Could you please drop me an email (j_he930 @ hotmail . com), so we can keep in touch?
Congratulation, again.
81/78/no step3/ GC/ 2002 grad/3 US LOR / 1 yr US clinic experience/ prepare for interview with interview Q and A/ 4IV/ matched in Family Medicine.

So, in the interview...we should well prepare for how to sell urself! We should prepare our English speaking...

Everybody who have low scores...dont give up!

Dongbeiren,

My husband was applying labor certificate, if he get it, I will get it-it has been 4 years. it is unrelated with my profession. I know it is different from NIW. I will have to ask attorney about it. thanks!
Hi,

Goodluck07: I may meet you at Balor. I did not get match. Could you reply to my email: truetwen.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »