Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese Medical Graduate Match Results - dongbeiren
91/91/CS all first attempts/step 3 taken on last 2 days of Feb. result pending. GC holder, 7 years of US research experiences, graduated over 10 years ago. 7 IM interviews and matched. Gosh, what a painful waiting today. I almost got a heart attack.

Congratulations everybody.
Forgot to mention 2 months observership as USCE. That counts a lot in my application, since I had no clinical experiences after graduation from medical school.
I am dong bei ren tooo. congratulations.
graduate from med school in Dong bei?

Matched chinese, good luck to your residency.
Yet-to-match: try hard on scramble.

Hi realdoc, what kind of USCE did you get for 5 month? Observership or externship? in a hosp or private clinic?

Hi goteborg, you have a very strog background I think. What kind of USCE did you do for 1yr long? Generally speaking 1yr USCE will make big sense for application.

By the way, I am very old grd more than 15yr ago. 76/83/pass (all 1st attempt), step 3 to be taken. Planning to get some USCE for next yr application. GC and several yrs clin research exp in the USA. Want to try IM, FM, Pathol next yr. Any advice? Does USCE make sense for old graduate? Thank you.
I am also chinese medical graduate. But I was too late to apply for the match. Could someone be so kind to send me an unfilled list? Thanks a lot!
ZhongGuoRen
sorry. My email: myideal2000

ZhongGuoRen
Matched.
1994 graduate, US Ph.d (soon), one month observership, 87/97/CS, GC. 12 IVs for neurology and 5 for preliminary. Took a prematch for preliminary. Good luck.
I do rank only one program. I interview 10 programs, and UF is my favorite. I also got several offers to do neurosurgery fellowship. So I only rank my most favorite one, if not matched, I will choose to do one fellowship in neurosurgery.
COngratulations, dongbeiren and danille!
Mine: 89/88/cs passed/all first attempt, GC, 3 months observership, 95 grad, surgery background in China, US research for several years.
Matched to a one year preliminary surgery program in a good university.
I agree with Danille, it was painful.
I tried IM first, had only 6 IVs, rejected one pre-match from a bad program, but did not match to two programs I ranked higher than my surgery program.
It seems that it is very hard for Chinese these two years. Many people nowadays score 95 or above on both steps. But for many Chinese like us, we need to do research at the same time. It is very hard to score that high.
But my experience this year tells me that score is extremely important, particularly for IM. I told several of friends that unless they can get the score more than 90-95, do not take the exam. Graduation year is something you can not change, but you may improve your score.
Research experience almost does not help.
Personal reference is extremely important, if you have.
Hi, harrislee,

I have a question about the fellowship since that is what I thought in the past. How can you solve the license issue if you do a fellowship without any USCE? I know some fellowships could be applied based on your home contry experience, but you need at least one year USCE to make your state license active. Am I right? Can you clarify that? Thanks a lot.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »