Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese Medical Graduate Match Results - dongbeiren
I agree with danille, it's a hard process. you need to put lots of time, energy, money into it, not mentioning all the stress and desperation. Only those who went through it can feel this. Anyway, I think it's worthy and wish future candidates, especially chinese candidates, a successful match! For those who matched, it's time to party and celebrate, at least for the time being, before July, 2007!
dongbeiren:

Actually you don't need a state licence. All you need is to have a institutional training permit. You can only practice medicine in this institution.
Hi Our Chinese fellows,

Don't believe anyone says to you that you are too old and have no hope to match.

Mine is: 83/88/CS passed/86/1985 graduate/Ph.D./GC/5 year clincial exiperience in China/3.5 month USCE/10+ yrs of US research experience/6 US physician LORs. I did not match the last year with 3 iv and also had 3 iv this year, but I made it.

I believe that I am going to ROCK the residency program! If I can do it, you can do too. Never give up!!!
Hi congraduation to the matched.
I did not match either. Mainly I applied late in Dec 2006 due to delayed CS result even I took my CS in sep 2006. And I apply for 13 IM programs and only get one interview in NY. But I am happy that I have chance to get into scramble even scramble is such hassel. I can not sleep at all now, try to focus on coming scramble.
My credential is 95/99/passCS/all 1 attemps/certified/Greed card, 10 years clinical experience in China, no USCE.
Hi Lingli:
Sorry to hear that you didn't get matched. You have such nice scores and GC both of them are very important for matching a good program. what do you think are the reasons for not having many ivs? too old or programs applied too good?
hats off to both those who matched and not matched. i feel the joy for those matched, and saddness for those who did not make it this round.

for the future USMLErs, try not to compare urself with others, there are plenty 99ers who did not match, and there are plenty 76ers who matched, everyone is different. have faith and seek guidance from above, u'll get there.

congratulations to everyone, who have come this far.

I'm matched too with H1.
I'm so glad that there are so many CMG got matched this year.
Some of my Chinese friends were not lucky enough yesterday. It seems tougher this year. I hope all of my friend can make a great pot during these two days.
Chance is alway there! Never lose your hope.
Hats off to all of you guys! I am an 93 graduate from china, just done step 1 and it is so encouraging to see all you guys doing so well ... It is not easy but I think if you try your best and do it the right way, you will make it .... Thanks for sharing .... would someone tell me how to get an obsevership and how long it should be?
I moved to mitbbs->medical career for Chinese posts. Hope to see you guys there.
This forum is very informative, so I will stay here for English posts.
Hi, guys.

I want to say something I think it is true for the Pre. General Surgery positions during Scramble. Do not focus on that first unless you are to choose surgery as your future career. During the interviews, I was told by one of the residents many slots in some programs were left vacant on purpose both during mathc and post-match because the PDs donit want too many Pre. G.S residents.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »