Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chinese Medical Graduate Match Results - dongbeiren
harrislee ,

Could you do fellowsihp in credit program and get credit with institute permit
b301 :

I don't know exactly, but all fellowship offers I got are non-credited. It's good to have clinical US experience, especially in a department where there's residency program. Actually, the director of fellowship and residency is usually the same person. If you are good, you can impress the PD and dramatically increase your chance. So if you want to get into a tough specialty like surgery program, and you can't get a preliminary position due to visa limitation, fellowship is a good choice for you.
Congratulates on all matched CMG!

I am so proud of myself as a Chinese Medical Graduate. Yesterday, I just got my match result of preliminary General Surgery for my early matched surgical specialty in late January at a great university based hospital on westcoast.

I am even more proud of my Chinese peers who were around me during my dreaded preparation of USMLE. As I know, most of them got matched yesterday. I feel sorry for those who did not match this year and give my best wishes for their scramble and next year's match.

I would say: Go CMGs! Where there is a will, there is a way!

My credential: 94/99/CS passed(all first attempts)/Not taken yet/1995 graduate/Ph.D./GC/2 yrs clincial exiperience in China/3 months observership/6 yrs of research experience/3 strong US researcher and physician LORs.
Hi angelboy, You did a great job. You matched in IM or FM? You did not match last yr but made it this yr with 3 IVs. Any exp to share. Thanks a lot.
benbin,
i don't know which program is, it might be Path or FM. I like both programs, whichever is ok with me. Since I was late for applying last year, so I did everything on Setp1 this year and got all my interviews in Step. My advice for very very old graduates (>20 year graduate), I think a completion for every steps plue strong US LORs and some USCE before sept 1 are key for success. Honestly, I have no any conection in any of these programs. So anything is possible as long as you do it right.
Hi shandong,
I am busy on trying to do the scramble things--- I do not think I can get into any personal call. Try apply through eras-- no interview call yet.
About my IV for IM-- I applied late, and I did not know I had to mail my transcript (medical school) and MSPE to eras. I thought ECFMG already had. So, I did not have enough documents in eras untill the end of Feb 2007.
I found it out that my eras documents are all enough after I went for my IV in NY--I guess that hospital just gave anyone who applied for their program interview.
Well, it seems like we need to work harder-- lots of chinese got good score, but still have to go through a lot more.
Anyway, best wishes to all unmatcher for the scrambling.
?
Congratulations for those matched chinese collegues!
I graduated in 1999. 83/78/pass/failed(retry soon). 2.5 surgery clinical experience, 5 year research experience. 10 publications. Applied for 35 IM program and 20 pathology programs only one IM interview, not match this year. need visa. Canadian GC. no USCE.

Lost job recently, have plenty of time now. I am prepare for the 2008 match. Could anybody tell me how to increase my chance for the residency? I will take whatever specialty.

Many thanks!
To Lingli:
Are you Dr. Lv, L. in NY?
Let us cheer up you: Try your best and never give up!!
Ya!

no match for me either, trying scramble, can not get the fax through, any ideas?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »