Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
difference bet observership n externship - med_info21
Hi docs ,
iam FMG.can anybody tell difference bet observership n externship.how they r going to influence residency opertunity.plz send ur reply to med_info21
Thanks guys.
same thing...
only clerkship or internship is different.. where you have hands on clinical experience...
in observership you are a observer and in externship you are a external person.... you dont get the opportunity of handling the patient....

I hope it helped...
Hi clindamycin,

Thanks for ur quick responce. can u plz tell me how to apply for it .i dont know any thing abt it.if u can tell from basics it will be great help. u can send reply to med_info21 . thanks.
contacts... if you have them you can pin the opportunity...
what i did was to e mail different professors... my friend got an observership this way... i got reserach.... i did like 100s of e mail.. a few responded.... you can find the observership / externship this way...
for clerkship you need to be in your medical school... if you are in medical school then you shud apply for it... email all the different cordinators... email email email... some kind hearted soul will reply....
if you can you shud also visit some programs... show your interest there... that you want to have a position there... and you just want to see how every thing is... just to see how well you can settle in the atmosphere.... some one might extend u the opportunity of letting you observe... work hard during that time, to gain the LORs... that matters in the end ... a hell lot...

good luck
Work hard during observership, I have a doubt. we are going to observe .What are we allowed to do ?
clindamycin...do you mind sharing your email?
clindamycin, you are saying you emailed individual professors, instead of program directors/coordinators? what did you ask them?

i am asking becos not sure who to contact. also, did you do observership at comm. hospital or univ. hospital?

thankx.
i did research in uni hospital.. and observership in private clinic... work hard means.. show ur interest... be punctual.... ask questions... give answers.... all to get good LORs..
i e mailed individual professors, just requested to grant me a chance to observe him or assist him in his research.
can you please email me how you wrote to the different proffs and program directors. my email is kekoba2001. Also how did you get there email addresses?
I'm in houston and i want to see if i can get observership/research work for a month. Is paying fmgportal a good idea?
thanks in advance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »