Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
received this but not the contract, please help! - drghth
dear colleagues,

i received a letter from the residency program. it is not a contract, it is a acceptance letter. i need to sign the letter and return it to the program. it is not a true contract but it will serve as a comtractual agreement until i sign the Statement of Resident Agreement in June during the week of orientation. my questions are:

1. is this a normal way to start a residency? i thought the program should send us the formal contract, which is called Statement of Resident Agreement. anyone of you also receive such contractual agreement (Letter of Acceptance)?

2. in the letter, it mentioned they send me a copy of I-9 Form with the letter. but it is not in the envelop. should i call PC and let them re-send it to me? what is I-9 Form? they said it is to verify my eligibility to work, but is it the same as the I-9 Form we filled out when we apply for the J1 or H1 visa? I am a green card holder, do i still need it?

3. in the letter, there is nothing but a Letter of Acceptance. i also need other information such as housing information. should i call them and let them send it to me?

4. they said my residency position is CONTIGENT upon completion of medical school, pre-employment physical, and verification of employment eligibility (Form I-9). do you guys are also required to do these?

thanks for the comments and advice.
someone please? none of you has received it?
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »