Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cvs... - ixodes
fmg22 can you give the source of your info pls, thx
i think its digoxin
D) All surces confrim that MC Drugs Used in a Pt w/ Recurrent Afib are Place on Class Ic Antiarrythmic Drugs -- Flecinamide and/or Propafenone
hi guys sorry for the late reply.... but i`m confused over this question myself.

the answer given is E..) In patients with atrial fibrillation, the restoration and maintenance of sinus rhythm should be the goal of therapy. If sinus rhythm can be restored either electrically or pharmacologically, many agents have been used in order to prevent the recurrence of atrial fibrillation. A recent randomized trial comparing amiodarone to either sotalol or propafenone has suggested that amiodarone is more effective than either of the other two agents in the prevention of a recurrent atrial fibrillation. Only 35% of patients assigned to amiodarone had a recurrence of their atrial fibrillation as opposed to 63% assigned to either the sotalol or propafenone. In patients in whom atrial fibrillation cannot be converted to sinus rhythm, control of the ventricular rate should be the goal of therapy. This can usually be accomplished by digitalis, beta blockers, or calcium channel blockers, either alone or in combination.

personally i agree with ben, it has not been specified anywhere that amiodarone is preferred over propafenone, except that with propafenone treatment additional AV blocking agents may need to be given.

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20020715/249.html

this is the best article i could find on management of atr fibrillation.
hey ixodes, its a great article dated 2002, either way hopefull for eam purposes they will not go into so much depth and we will just have to know Initial Mx as provided in kaplan, CMDT & UW.

Thx again
i know ben, but the management strategies are well defined... i dont think they would ask more than that... tc
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »