Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
writing the patient notes for exam -
Latha

I am using the usmel wolrd for studying, but when i see the paper format for the patient notes,it looks less. is that how much actual space we have or is it more(since in the usmle format it is only half the page.?
IMG

That is true,i did not notice untill you said that.
emm

Re paper notes. In UW the note is smaller than the actual note in the exam. We had a full page to write the note on.
kabayan

you don;t need to write a novel.. just be concise at the same time complete and in proper grammar. no need to use flowery words.. My history was just a few sentences long..

although.... I haven't really received my results... hahaha

goddluck.
Latha

emm, thank u. that was what i was thinking becoz in the usmle world,there was so little space. ok, so then in the real exam we have more space? good to hear.
Latha

and to kabayan, dont worry-i'm sure that you will do well. hope is whats needed,you will pass!
zee

Hey Latha,

You can print a sample physician's note on www.usmle.org.

That sheet is the exact size of what you'll get in the exam.
Latha

hey zee, thanks a lot! i was really worried before because of the USMLE WORLD format for the pt notes........now i am feeling alot better (at least for the pt note spacing part)! So what are you upto? which exams did you finish? i have cs only left.
zee

Done with my steps.. waiting for ECFMG certification. Also studying for Step 3.. will apply as soon as I get my Certificate.

Good luck to you! Am sure you'll do well!!
Latha

thanx zee! gd luck in ur step 3 prep.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »