Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
panic! -
Timmy

I desperately need some advice! I was due to do my Step 1 in August, and had plenty of time to revise- but chickened out at the last moment. I have rescheduled the exam for December and am going to start really getting into things soon. My only problem is I am not really the brightest person on Earth (to be honest)- and also panic whenever I do an exam. How should I calm myself down when faced with the sheer volume of step 1? Maybe a study partner would help- anyone around in Cardiff, UK? HELP!
Aneeta

hi,
I am going thru the same time I am preparing for step 1 which is in november.i am not in UK but in USA and an IMG.I am also like you who panics a lot near exams,so may be we can talk thru this forum and share our thoughts to relieve our tensions.
I am already done with biochem,pharma,physio and pathology is abt to be done in a week.Now I will be starting anat from next week.Yet to do beh science,and microbiology.
Hope to get a response from you.
Timmy

You have done much more than me, but we should definitely share our experiences as we revise. I am going to start on cell bology/pathology tomorrow. Done a BSc in it last year- so I hope it will be fresh in my head!
amruta - amrutavadnerkar

hi,may i join the gang??i am taking it in dec...my eligibility period is oct,nov,dec ...now what do i have to do if i want to reschedule my exam in next year any idea?
i live in NY...i am done with path,physio,biochem and behavioural sci....but dont feel confident of anything what do we do?
Timmy

Hey, ofcourse you can join the gang! To reschedule to next year I think you would have to pay a fee to the ECFMG- but I am not sure how much. Refer to the ECFMG web site- good luck!
Aneeta

I guess you have to talk to them you can only take the next consecutive eligibility period.i.e. now u have oct,nov.dec and after that you can only reschedule for jan.feb .mar.I guess that fee is around $50.i am not sure.u can talk to them.
Aneeta

Timmy,i hate cell bio.where r u doing it from?I cant seem to fit it into my mind.genetics and cell bio and mol.bio are my weakest points!
Timmy

I am revising cell bio from my class notes- although they are not very good either! I hate it too. That and embryo are my worst subjects
aneeta

timmy try doing it from kaplan review notes ,mol bio and cell bio are excellant in that.I just finished mol bio.Today i am starting with anatomy.My target is to finish the grss in 4 days.I hope I succeed in it.
Sudhi

Hi,
I am new to you people.Can you please tell me i should read Kaplan live lecture notes or kaplan review notes.
I think they are different
I am very confused,i have still to buy them.What should i buy?
Most of the people in forum just write kaplan notes.
HOpe you will clear my confusion and help me
Thanks in advance
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »