Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do anybody need help on cs..if yes then post - psychiatric
Hi I'm going to give my exam in end of thsi months. Preparing since last 10 days . Any last minute advice?
mail me at swift52k
First of all i want a excuse not to mentioning u guys name in mail, got too many name so sending all at once who got same problem..hope u guys don't have problem with that.....now about CS..i gave from chicago...i passed in 1st shot ...i want u guys to do the same.....Now which book to follow for preperation...i first read kaplan then went to USMle WORLD ...i guess i make the right move...i didnt follow kaplan after i follow USMLE world...i guess it has all the essence and more than enough material to pass exam...so my suggestion is follow one book ...or web site....USMLE WORLD is best...not ablout prep...Every thing u should practice should be as in exam...like time u get n everything....its important to have a partner for this exam if not physically then in voice chat...i practice in voice chat...see the video of USMLE cd n first observe how exam takes place...then set up ur mind how exam takes place...it will be like time....u will get 15 min for each case...after bell rings u 'll get chance to see door way information..take a 30 second time in door way n quickly write PAMHUGES FOSS and LOQORAAA ..this make rest easy for u if u write this in rest....like even u forgot to ask social history u just look at paper n u 'll get wht to ask..wht u have ask n wht has remain...mind it u wont get time to recall wht is still ther to ask anotehr thing u should ask is follow the pattern of PAMHUGS FOSS...like askin present history includin LIQORAAA and then allergic n so so...practicing this way u dont have to look to paper..another thin u write in that 30 sec in door way si quicky write D/D in short form coz later in ther room u wont get achance to think ..u have to tell patient a diagnosis n wht other possibilities..it can be..if u dont write out there in entry ..u wontask question related to D/D all u will ask ending is diagnosis related questions...I AM TELLING U GUYS AS EXAM SET UP...PRACTICE AS IN EXAM THAS THE KEY SO U GET HOW TO MANAGE THE TIME AND USED TO WITH EXAM...I PRACTICE EVERY CASE AS IN EXAM ....then go to room introduce properly n questions of PAMHUGS FOSS...n LOQORAAA..question askin in veryimportant so improve conversation..i didnt even practice clinical exam coz i wsa doin voice chat...u can do if u got but important is patient conversation...thats wht they look..i mean wht u asked wht D/D u told wht suggestion u give..n about exam its basic thign...all can do it do quickly wht they notice is if u check their belly chest n stuff...while doin practice seta time ..set it for 15 min from teh time u get doorway information...n in the middle ask ur partner to tell u when only 5 min si remaining so u can manage time....dont do any basic mistake even while practicing like knockin teh door...even while practiv=cing stay out of room n knock n ask permisiion as in exam..dont forget to wash hand...n at last ask do he have any question....some time u get challenging question that patient ask..like am i gonna die doc...is this a cancer..will that procedure hurts n stuff u need to asnwer those questio properly to pass...most of its answer is in USMLEWORLD..i go 10 such question out of 12 cases..and then when u coem out of room even practice to write ur note in 10 min let ur partner have a watch n ask him to remind time when 2 min remains...and dont use medical terms never...if u ask it then explain as soon as u tell it like ...if u said u need to do colonoscopy which is a pipe fitted with camera which i need to put u through ur back to see if something out ther..like if u got any more question mail me but i wont be available i memorial days weekend..i'll be answerin ur mails till this friday n willt ake 5 days break n tehn i'll start answering again...best of luck
hey abdalla..i mailed u but ur it bounce back any way i ahve posted in thread for u..check it
time management i think i am slow
even the conversation i take ton of time
i dont know whether physical exam is usmleworld enough
my pt note if u could tell me or scan for me one of your note i will appreciate this
hey econopred.......i followed PAM HUGS FOSS and LIQORAAA in conversation.....no extra question...about patient note i followed the note as in usmle worldthe short version one there r 2 types of note..i follwedone with short...abt time management practice with stop watch...and if u culdnt cimplete the case in 15 min...leave the case and start again...practice nad practice...there's no point on reading books for CS....PRACTICE
hey psychiatric,
my exam in june 30...have been very nervous about giving it....could you please tell me what cases came in your exam.....what about the instruments...like otoscope......can you see them before exam........did you practice the cases with someone before giving the exam....thanks so much for your help...waiting for your reply...can e-mail me at joya.jamil
hey joya...read one that i post above.....well i got all my cases from usmleworld not only cases but aslo challengin question...and dont get nervous if u got nervous its gone....there are 12 cases all may not go well but dont do basic mistakes...i did my practice on voice chat in msn....with time management...we used to give door way information...n then voice ...after 10 min patient partney used to give me a buss like in exam...and evertyihng like exam...like knockin the door askin permission and all all the stuff an d also writing note...you do get chance to watch n use those instrument before exam.....dont worry but watch usmle CD few time before exam
hi psychiatric,
thanks so much for the info...it is very helpful....yeah i am trynig to find a partner to practice with......hopefully i will find someone before the exam..............i'll watch the usmle cd......thanks again........wishing you the ebst of luck,
joya
Hi Psychiatric

I have my exam in 16 days. Just stated to study. Can you please tell me whether 16 days is enough to complete studying and get a pass. How should i approach this exam preparation?

Please help me
Thanks in advance
hi. im giving my exam in a month and have really no idea wat to do.i started reading first aid. can u please advise me on how to study. my email id id beenajo79. thanks alot.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »