Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who i s awake?? - ros2
bbb
The correct answer is B. This statement from the father would reflect his understanding of the egocentric nature of school-aged children. That is, the child is assuming that he is responsible for the divorce between his parents. The anger and withdrawal reflect the child™s frustration with the situation, but the tears and apology suggest the child™s fear and assumed responsibility for the breakup.

œBig boys don™t cry (choice A) is a demeaning and belittling statement.

œI™ll see you in 2 weeks(choice C) ignores the child™s felt responsibility for the divorce.

œYou™re the man of the house now (choice D) places too much responsibility on a 7-year-old child.

œYour mother was too hard to live with (choice E) places all the blame and responsibility for the divorce on the parent, with whom the boy lives on a daily basis. It ignores the reality that divorce is usually due to difficulties that both parents have with each other.

hi abrahem,just wanted to take an advise,i am planning to take my exam in end of october,presently i am have finished my second read with q bank,i ve one problem that i do nt want to study on weekends,i really force my self to open the book but my brain do nt accept any thing,in this way i lost 2 days in every week.do u think its normal?/any suggestions pls,
I'm here in the forum but i will go to sleep.lollll
28-year-old man decides to donate a kidney to his brother, who is in chronic renal failure, after HLA typing suggests that he would be a suitable donor. He is admitted to the hospital, and his right kidney is removed and transplanted into his brother. Which of the following indices would be expected to be decreased in the donor after full recovery from the operation?

(A) Creatinine clearance

(B) Creatinine production

© Daily excretion of sodium

(D) Plasma creatinine concentration

(E) Renal excretion of creatinine
i am sorry,i think u r busy in writing questions
it's same for me,i am studying for step 3 and i just cant study anymore but maybe because i am waiting CS result,take rest for few days better than u inforce urself.
a??
thanxxxxxx
The correct answer is A. Because creatinine is freely filtered by the glomerulus, but not secreted or reabsorbed to a significant extent, the renal clearance of creatinine is approximately equal to the glomerular filtration rate (GFR). In fact, creatinine clearance is commonly used to assess renal function in the clinical setting. When a kidney is removed, the total glomerular filtration rate decreases because 50% of the nephrons have been removed, which causes the creatinine clearance to decrease. In turn, the plasma creatinine concentration (choice D) increases until the rate of creatinine excretion by the kidneys (choice E) is equal to the rate of creatinine production by the body. Recall that creatinine excretion = GFR x plasma creatinine concentration. Therefore, creatinine excretion is normal when GFR is decreased following removal of a kidney because the plasma concentration of creatinine is elevated.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »