Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who i s awake?? - ros2
Correct pinky!
The aswers is D.

Pseudoallescheria boydii is an ubiquitous fungus that is found in soil and contamination with a world wide distribution. This fungus is formerly known as Petriellidium boydii and Allescheria boydii. Infection of the central nervous system (CNS) is rare. An increased incidence is associated with compromised immunity. Ventriculoperitoneal shunt, liver cirrhosis, and pulmonary tuberculosis are also known risk factors. In immunocompetent patients, water immersion, near drowning, and aspiration of freshwater and manure are risk factors for CNS infection. Pneumonia caused by this fungus probably serves as the nidus for CNS infections. Brain abscess, sometimes multiple, is the most common pathologic changes in the CNS. At a brief glance, the morphology may suggest aspergillus but the hyphae of Pseudoallescheria boydiiare are thinner and have less frequent dicotomous branching. The hyphae of Pseudoallescheria boydii contain septae and bulging enlargements which give the appearance of strings of balloons.
abrahem, whats the ans in the org asso w/ near drowning?
abrahams qs....

d.cryptococcus?
Infection of the central nervous system by which of the following organisms is least likely to be associated with prominent risk factors or compromised immune status?

A. Blastomyces dermatidis.
B. Candida albican.
C. Aspergillus species.
D. Rhizopus species.
E. Cryptococcus neoformans.

i have no explanation for it but i know what is the answer
oooppps, sorry abrahem, didnt wait for your post
d?
d??
the correct answer is A
During an office visit from a new patient the lab results come back with an elevation in LDL and a total cholesterol of 500 mg/dl (normal range 120-220 mg/dl). The most likely diagnosis is:

A. Mixed Hypertriglyceridemia
B. Endogenous hypertriglyceridemia
C. Type III hyperlipoproteinemia
D. Familial hypercholesterolemia
E. Familial hypertriglyceridemia
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »