Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am done Guys! - drmaxdias
Dearest forum members

It was a fair experience; the blocks were fair on length. It took me approx. 40-45 minutes to solve one block, and I could revise all the blocks, with the questions I had marked. Predominantly IM, they are big on Pathophys Guys! Make sure you have the basics right! I had some crazy Pathophys questions like mechanism of cough in Sarcoidosis (alveolar inflammation v. increased pulmonary pressure; I chose the latter), and mechanism causing agranulocytosis with PTU (destruction v. inactivation of precursors of CFUs; again I chose the latter one).

A couple of questions on study designs; in kids (newborns - 18 years), use of NSAIDS v. Opiods in Pain Management (they had asked about the defect in study design; I picked it is difficult to measure pain in kids; other options were assessment difficulties; not enough comparisons in drugs; and low sample size [it was 300]). I do not know the answer to this question, and the two written above. Therefore, kindly contribute.

One another study where they asked about single v. double contrast enemas in ruling out colon cancers, and all the subjects were FOBT positive, with sample size in thousands. The defect I picked; there are no controls in here (other option that was close was the absence of a confirmatory study, but the former looked better to me). Phew!

Less than two hours since I finished; I shall post more. Regards!
GL with a great score buddy
GBU>>>have fun and relax
nice...GL for a massive score...now relax and enjoy!
Thanks life_saver00, and brother darkhorse;

Brother darkhorse, can you answer the above-mentioned questions? Well, one question asked about the therapy one gives in Turner's (the picture of turner's described with small breasts, small uterus, infertility). Estrogen replacement, and GH were not in the choices. I could zero in on to Danazol v. GRH agonists, and I picked the former. Watch this space for more.
thanks for your experience... wish you a great score... and GL...
thnx for sharing ur experience drmaxdias!
wat source can we go thru for rapid review of pathophysiology? any suggestions?
GL for a brilliant score!!
Thanks dr_gladiator and sof

I think if we have reviewed Goljan Pathology for Step 1 through his notes, and audios; we stand fair for the Pathophys in the examination.

Also, do Asthma classification, Milestones, and Tanner stages really well.
GL w/ your scores. I am sure you'll get 99 Smile Now it's time for you to relax and enjoy - Or, you may come back to forum and post more qs when you are doing partying Wink GL in Match
good luck for a great score and thanks for sharing your exam experience.
Thank you so much cjay, and may23. God bless us all! And all the best for your examination!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »