Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am done Guys! - drmaxdias
hey guys darky and dr max
I am just putting my point of thinking in flail chest cutaneous emphysema can present plz read the complete topic and most common cause of cutaneous emphysema as given on e medicine is pulmonary pneumothorax,and it is most commonly associated with the heavy truma ,flail chest can explain all the findings but bronchial rupture cannot explain flail chest .
with regards
hey drmaxdias

How do u assess the difficulty level of UW Qs vs real CK Qs ?
second Q is, if somebody is getting 70% on UW, how do u think she will fair on real exam ?

Thanks and GL to u for a whopping 99 Smile
flail chest finding like paradoxical breathing
OK, Hep C Q is so simple, It's clear. Thanks Max.
Abdo mass is full bladder, agree!
Dementia produces incontinence through several mechanisms. Frontal lobe damage can make a patient indifferent to the need for continence. Parietal and occipital lobe damage will diminish the person™s capacity to recognize bathroom features, e.g., the shape of the toilet or sink, and frontal/parietal damage will reduce the patient™s ability to manage the mechanics of disrobing, sitting, and using the toilet. Damage to deep cortical structures, i.e., the insula cortex may diminish the patient™s ability to interpret internal sensations of bladder distention, i.e., the sense of a full bladder.
As the brain damage done by Alzheimer's progresses, a confused person can forget to go to the bathroom, or he may not remember what to do once he gets there.
congrats on finishing exam and wish u a great great great score,
did you do nbme 1 and 3, and can u pls share ur scores,Did u do first aid

thanks
Functional incontinence. Individuals who have control over their own urination and have a fully functioning urinary tract, but cannot make it to the bathroom in time due to a physical or cognitive disability, are functionally incontinent. These individuals may suffer from arthritis, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis,or Alzheimer's disease
A few more; answer them please:

Retinal lesions, and hyperdensity on CT in a newborn (Congenital Toxoplasmosis?)

Stress fracture treatment (rest, and repeat in 2 weeks v. short-leg cast?)

A newborn with torticollis (is facial asymmetry the right option for long-term complication?)

3 cm dentate line growth with bleeding in HIV patient (Surgical resection of rectum and anus v. wide excision of the mass?)

Appendicits in pregnancy (CT v. Paracentesis?)

It had pain on 30 degrees flexion and extension, with medial joint line involvement (sounds like meniscal tear; right?)

Carpal tunnel in pregnancy (I think I picked the wrong one for this :-( It should have been splints; I picked local steroid injections!)

No response to vaccine; recurrent bacterial infections (this is B cell def. right?)
What is the answer then of Alzheimer's finally?
1retinal lesion and hyperdensities on ct if hyperdensities are periventricular then cmv and if only intracranial word is used then can be toxo,both of these can be others factors will also leads to some conclusion
short leg cast just treat the stress fractures man no wait
extension of the mass can be assesed first of all local radiotherapy and chemotherapy (nigro protocol ) then surgery shd be done because radiotherapy will reduce the size of tha mass
ct in eqivocal case of appendicitis
rest and splints for carpel tunnel most of time conservative first
ya this is b cell defect
Overflow incontinence, mechanism could be chronic overdistension resulting in decompensated detrusor, areflexic destructor, or destructor atony. You're right!
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »