Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am done Guys! - drmaxdias
i think for sarcoidosis...the mech of cough shud be airway inflammation....pul HTN is late in course
hmmm...not sure...leukocyte depleted one shouldnt produce febrile reaction...
drmaxdias...I am sure you did well. I wish you success! The questions do seem chalenging. If those were how most of the questions were then i think this could be a very difficult test.
In your opinion were Kaplan notes and UW questions sufficient? thanks
Pulmonary function in sarcoidosis characteristically reveal a restrictive pattern with a reduction in the diffusing capacity for carbon monoxide, although it is not unusual for lung function to be normal Endobronchial sarcoidosis may lead to impairment of airflow and obstructive respiratory physiology.
Brother darkhorse, the question was what could have prevented this reaction from happening. That is how I picked leukocyte-depleted RBCs.

So, what is the mechanism for cough in Sarcoidosis then? vitamins; I love your inputs! Great search job!

Thank you so much shazia. I do not know whether I am a 99er category or not. This forum though has many 99ers!
While the pathogenesis of cough in sarcoidosis is unknown, significant airway involvement with parenchymal distortion, endobronchial disease, and extrinsic airway compression is a characteristic of the disease. Small airway involvement detected by the presence of physiologic airflow limitation can be identified in well over half of patients, independent of smoking status, and bronchial hyperresponsiveness to challenge testing can be found in > 50% of patients, depending on the stage of disease.20 Pathologically, granulomatous inflammation is found in and around both the large and small airways, occasionally to the point of obstruction. The presence of airflow limitation, bronchial hyperresponsiveness, and the anatomic location of inflammation likely plays a critical role in the development of cough.

So we have reached nowhere as yet!

Ok, one weird question; they asked about AS, and said what must be true for it to be referred to as immune-mediated:

A. HLA B27 positivity
B. Decreased CRP
C. Decreased Acute Phase Reactants

These were the relevant options!
thank u so much for sharing ur experience...wish u an excellent score...my exam is after 10 days...now i m very tense
Can not be B or C. It could be A..(HLA B27 for reactive arthritis including cardiac involvement)
I do not know hope08; weird question! I got this one incorrect as well.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »