Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need a study partner/group in Pennsylvania -
raji - rajiprashant

Hi,
i m preparing for step 1,planning to give it April-2003.I live in Pennsylvania.So if interested pls mail me.

ajitha - ajitha_sastry

hi,
i live in phoenixville which is in the suburbs of philadelphia.i am also planning to give feb/mar.where exactly do u live?
shalom - angelinanigeria

Hey hi, i am in virginia & i think u are too, i am interested as i will be taking the exam about the same time as u, let's set up a discussion time table or some format for studying, are u an IMG? and are u using the Kaplan series?, pls get in touch, u can reply via e-mail & i am on Yahoo chat. Thanks.
Rizwana - rizwanah@hotail.com

I live in philadelphia
ajitha_sastry

hi rizwana,
where exactly do u stay in phily?
Sebastian Valmont - Sebbastian_Valmont

Hello doctors all over the Globe.. That are taking the usmle... join me in paltalk ...there we can talk actually..Or like we could use the msn messenger ...lets share some of our ideas and inspirations. As far as me goes well i am going to take the usmle step 1 in : " oct-dec"
And i was wondering if there is someone out there that would like to study with me online or something like that.....
Cause i think that in a way that would be productive?
My email is: Sebbastian_Valmont
All you got to do to talk to me online is just add me on msn from hotmail;
And I think that we are set to talk...
I think that you need a hotmail account and you can get that on this link : http://messenger.msn.com/
Also there is another program that is really cool that we could also use called: paltalk and you can download the program at this site that i am posting: www.paltalk.com
Just configure it and we are all set to talk and study on line or something like that.
Thx and Good luck with the usmle step1 .
May the undeserved kindness of the lord jesus be with the good ones on the day of the exam!
You should know also that there is a room on paltalk that i made called : usmle step 1
And like sometimes at night i am online in there... so like we could actually talk in there !!!!
and hear each other also !!!...Well the site for this program downloading is posted above .And after installed and configured
you should go to the category called : computers- hi Tech
Well then ..in that category will see a bunch of rooms and then your going to want to look for the one that says :
usmle step1
ok great your almost set then .. there you should see me ....and like just press the ctrl key and start talking..hehe
By the way did you know that: there are nine step approaches to step 1
1) EVALUATE YOUR READING SPEED----> how many pages you can read in 1 hour.
2) SET TARGET FOR A DAY-----> after evaluating your speed, you will know that how many pages you can read in 1 hour, so when ever you start studying, set your watch at 12:00 and decide about the numbers of hours/day of studying depending on your stamina and numbers of pages/day/hour. An average student can study for 6-8 hours/day.
3) STOP YOUR WATCH-----> When ever you leave your study table , stop your watch, and turn it on when you come back on your seat, because by this you will come to know about your? ACTUAL STUDY HOURS/DAY? by the end of your day.
4) DONT SET YOUR TARGET TOO BIG-------->Normally 80% of students are unable to reach their target for a day because it was too big for them, and when you don?t achieve your target, you will get tense and besides of getting tense, your work for the next day will automatically increase, and then this will create a vicious circle and ultimately you will lose your regularity.
5) CREATE A RHYTHUM-----> You must have rhythm in your studies, that is, you should begin your day at a fix time EVERY DAY and finish your study at the same for the most of the days. Starting your day on a regular time is very important, because it will get your speed increase, its always better to start at 8:30 in the morning rather than at 10:00 am or later, because you are most effective early in the morning and after 2:00 p.m, you usually lose your speed and tempo, its normally because by that time we have had our lunch.
6) GET REGULAR SLEEP-----> Lack of regular sleep decreases your memory. If you wil
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »