Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nbme3 3 and 4 - quansar
bump
Q 22
Could it be NHL?
bump.....
bump
Hey. Thanks so much for your answers, they were really useful. I had a few questions about concepts that I'm quite clear about. Could someone please explain any of these?

Form 3:

Q5. Can someone please explain why an endoscopy shouldn't be done first. IMO stomach CA seemed like the most likely diagnosis, and an endoscopy would allow a biopsy along with confirmation of diagnosis.

Q8. I don't think an autopsy is mandated here. The pt died of sub arachnoid hemorrhage. This is not a comminucable disease, there is no need for a biopsy. I feel the wife's wishes should be respected (option B)

Q13. Will it be better to do a CT first? That way you can see any other damage done by the bullet before opening up. Or is the general rule that if the bullet is seen on X-Ray, open him up right away?

Q21. Why would a Factor deficiency not manifest itself until now? And shouldn't Factor VIII def only be seen in males?

Q40. Would it be appropriate to rule out organic causes of the headache (via CT) before starting therapy?

Q44. Could someone please explain the link b/w Hypomagnesemia and hypocalcemia! Also, what type of patients should it be suspected in?

Form 4:

Q2. Could someone explain this please?

Q19. This one also. I thought it would be Acetominophen toxicity, did you rule this out on the basis of absence of vomiting, etc? I feel like if the bruises were due to abuse, the mother would have known about them beforehand. Also, the question may have mentioned something about the bruises being in various phases of healing.

Q29. If we administer midazolam without intubating, wouldn't it pretty much be homicide? Or is this standardly done in patients on DNR orders? Also, why is midazolam indicated vs pancuronium?

Q37. i just thought that the lesion may have evolved into an abscess (high fever with shaking chills) even though there is no discrete mass. Does anyone else think that might be true?

I apologize in advance for the number of questions. Even if you know something about just one of them, please reply! I'm testing in a few days and really need to work on the concepts I don't know as well as I should. Thanks!
Also to clarify, I chose increasing morphine dose as the right answer to question 29, but not sure! Just looking for a rationale to using Midazolam...
Btw, would really appreciate it if someone could answer, i'm testing in like 3 days
hi
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »