Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed step2 ck,HELP - twinklingstar
Hey friends,

i passed my step1 and cs applied to programs but i got my FAIL result the second time when i gave step2ck. i was thinking of giving my step2 sk again for the third time in nov end week.the result may then come in dec third week.will it change the strength of my application.

can u pls advise whether it is wise to give ck now or wait for the next year ?the problem is i have lost my confidence n dont know whether i can pass in the third time.

pls suggest how i should proceed. is there any other option of increasing my chances for the residency

thanks
it depends on your score. How badly did you fail? just a few points - sure you can improve by nov...a lot below passing - i say wait.

SOrry you failed Sad
first time i got 5 marks below
the second time it was 20 marks below pass mark
how did you prepare for the exam. what materials used ? how much you scored on qbanks?
Dear i think you might be arif rajput? Are you?
i did usmle world n got 50%(timed)
i did qbanks in my first attempt through qbank book but did not practise in computer.

hi opening snap,i am not the person that u have mentioned above.anyway do u want to say some specific things to rajput that u dont want to share with me .
Sorry you failed...

Did you take an nbme??

--what you can do is study for nov (so get nov., dec, Jan block for exam)....take an nbme....if you do really good on it...than take the exam in nov...

---If you dont do well in nbme...DONT RUSH TO TAKE THE EXAM.....study for Jan.....

---worse scenario....if you need more time than extend the test block to feb., march, april

**so this way....best scenario......you do really well on nbme & take it nov.
**on the other hand....latest you can take with paid money would be april (which is adequate time)

Hope this helps.....I say go for it....aim for nov.....study hard & take NBME....if you only do really well....take the test...

GOOD LUCK !!! Smile

hi roh ,
thanks for ur advice.do u think i have any chance this year even if i pass ck in nov.if i dont have any chance this year then i think i can study for next year
Hi twinkle, dear i just asked, because it was my sixth sense that you might be that person, anyways u shouldn't be depressed, its part of life, exam has two ends, when we start to think about to appear in exam, we should prepare for both ends either pass or fail. Dont worry dear, may god bless you next time, dear there must be big problem in your understanding of questions, i know u must prepared twice times, even everybody prepare well before to appear in exam, the thing is that how we perform, things are same which u are studying since eight years, since your admission in medical school, matter is how we go throu exam, i can guess u know every topic very well, even u can discus over any topic, u can write paragraph on any topic, but u cant perform in exam, dear examiners give us tricky questions, they distracts us in questions, only u have to catch them, please only once do usmle world again, n try to high light the distractors in questions scenario, and ask to yourself why u always been distracted by these tricks, n delete erase these distracted concepts from your mind for forever, rephrase your ideas to approach a question, reassess your thinking power which is melting you towards wrong answer, i know u must have tried these all but only do it once again, and yes discuss the ideas with some1, find a partner who can mark your mistakes, who can correct your wrong concepts for topics, dear untill u would be corrected by some1, it is very tough to change your preoccupied ideas for medical tricks n ethics. And one thing which i must add, please review your general concepts to approach a patient in any subjects, people always got a dent in general questions, they check our I.Q .. Our common sense, our medical knowledge, everything. So dont worry this time you will pass it easily, and my obedient advice is that please concentrate over your step2, dont think of residency or match, when you once pass this, you will be free and easy to decide to everything, and when you will pass you will have this credential in support, get up, leave the past behind, you can do it man, i know you can. I have trust your abilities, promise you can do. Dont ask to people what to do, take books, n sit in room or in library, start study and find a partner, only you have to revise few things, you will get it very soon. I know you will get. You will pass with good score. If you have your beloved mother alive, ask her to pray for you, hope you wont mind my advise, might be many people will not agree over my advise, but you can trust me. It will work. Take care.
thanks opening_snap for the advice.
i agree with u.no matter how hard i try i am not able to way of solving question.it is indeed hard to change ones style of studying.i am trying.
thanks again
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »